Speaking of car tags...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma kept getting an extension for whatever reason, but the final deadline is coming up pretty quick if I remember correctly. My wife has been fighting getting one from a previous divorce a zillion years ago, but it's getting time to get the paperwork in order to proceed.
Women in divorces have a major issue because of name changes. They have to produce a ton of documentation from what we have researched.
My wife was previously married/divorced as well, and I’ve been on her for a year to FIND the legal documents! First marriage license, then divorce paperwork, our marriage license..I’d think Bitth certificate, and our marriage license should be sufficient… but nooooo. I got my RealID in about 15 minutes a year or 2 ago. My wife likes to throw stuff away.. but I know I have them “SOMEWHERE” she says…🤔😖

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, shoot! Let me see if I can explain.
Got notice from okcars. Time for renewal online.
Go online - have 3 check block options. 1 - keep current metal tag and get a new sticker to go on it. 2 - Get a new metal replacement tag just like the one you have now with new sticker. 3 - Get a new metal replacement tag all new, red and shiny.
I picked red and shiny and sent them my money. 3 days later, I received in the mail, from my local tag agency, a brand new metal tag just like the one I’ve got now.
Now, with regard to your question, “a lot easier” would be what I expected.
It ain’t over yet!
Well, there’s always a way for them to screw it up. It is gov’t work, after all. But they’d find a way to screw the pooch on a kiosk, too.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s so easy to forget. You’re dealing with three monoliths here. There’s the State! There’s OkCars.com! And, there’s “Mr Local Tag Agency “! Your only possibility of winning is to be right (easy) and monolithic yourself (not so easy).
Okcars.com is the state, so there’s still just two entities, but you can count on them to find a way to mess it up.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the online thing sounds easy, until you never get your sticker. It's hard to remember that you didn't get it. Then you have to go to the tag agent with downloaded docs and fill out an affidavit, and they think your lying, wait several days, then go back, more paperwork, now you have 4 hours into it, yada. The crappy part is the whole time you're thinking about your rural mail carrier, the one that looks like she just had a head on with a semi while she was blowing a pipe full of meth. Then you start remembering other pieces of mail that never showed up, bank stuff, credit card stuff, etc. Yeah, I know it's rare, but I promise you the mailman knows what is in an envelope at a glance, and a tag sticker might be worth 10 or 20 bucks at the meth head emporium, multiply that by several a day. And don't even think about complaining, been there done that, the only piece of mail you get after that is from Beltone, you always get that.
Sign up for Informed Delivery. They’ll send you an email every day showing you an image of each mailpiece you’re getting, and you can use their portal to report them missing when they don’t show up.

It probably won’t change anything, but at least you’ll feel better clicking on the “it didn’t arrive” button.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sign up for Informed Delivery. They’ll send you an email every day showing you an image of each mailpiece you’re getting, and you can use their portal to report them missing when they don’t show up.

It probably won’t change anything, but at least you’ll feel better clicking on the “it didn’t arrive” button.
Well, it only took about 20 minutes. They really wanted to get me out of there. There are a lot of people in Ardmore who don’t know me. But, not quite as many as there was a while ago.
But, they still got their $15.50!
9689FE16-07C9-4FCD-9396-1245F1403FCD.jpeg
But, wife is gleefully happy. She hated that scissor tail!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Ada post office is working on breaking a record for time between F-ups with our mail. Going on two weeks now we haven't had something lost. Of course, that's just mail we know about.

Our Informed Delivery notification is probably about 75% accurate. That's 100% in post office statistical terms, though. They round up.

I do the VA discount on plates so I think I have to renew at a tag office. I'd like to see them go to two year renewals. I got my Real-ID driver license last year and it's good for 10 years for $35. I gave up my CDL-A since there's little chance I'll be driving any more.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might’ve missed it, but I don’t see anything about that on the renewal site:
I guess I'll see when I'm due to renew again in a few years. Seems weird to get to reuse the same picture for multiple licenses, but we're not quite as crazy as the 20-25 year license in Arizona.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thank you for that, I used to have that, but I guess it expired, it is useful, but I found it to be a little bit hit or miss. I need to renew. It's hard to remember things that don't happen.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got confidence in you. Most everyone here should be able to accomplish this with minimum effort. I've done it, so anyone should be able to.

Have you met these redneck, techtard, back water, inbred country, 3rd grade drop outs?

We try, but minimum effort isn't in the equation.

The divorce / name change dilemma can be daunting for some.
I worked with a woman that had been married and divorced 7 times. #2 & #5 were the same fool. Between #3 & #4, only 3 days (Monday - Friday) between divorce and remarried, she didn't go back to maiden name. It was then discovered, she had put wrong birthday on 2 different employment records.
She was having all kinds of problems getting RealID.

We told her, if she needed help proving who she was, tell the contact Holiday Inn, they had named whole wings of the buildings after her.

Yes, we ended up in HR. He laughed harder than us. Just because it's true, doesn't mean you can say it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom