Vibram Fivefinger barefoot shoes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pingelboy1 said:
does it hurt if u step on a rock? the bottoms dont look very thick. i bet theyd be awesome for rock climbing tho!

It doesn't hurt when stepping on rocks or hard surfaces. The soles are just thick enough to allow you to feel your way across terrain and allow an almost barefoot experience. I have found nothing that allows me the ability to sneak as quietly across the driest surface without noise. As for rock climbing I think they would be fine. If you're in OKC go by Shoe Warehouse off of Memorial and Penn and try them on.

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a guys pinky toe that had nearly been tore off at a gym in bicycle. NO THANKS>

I don't see anywhere they are advertised as a cycling shoe. There are some in this world who ride bicycles, motorcycles and skateboards in flip flops or without proper foot wear and or head gear. Darwin had a theory for that. It's analogous to the idiots in this world who own firearms but handle them as if they were toys resulting in accidental discharges and negative media attention. I wouldn't wear my Vibram Five fingers on a cycle, mowing my lawn or at a gun range but I would wear them while walking and sneaking up on "animals" of various classification.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True. Say a guy smash his foot with a 45 lb weight too wearing them. It hurt his foot but probably not anymore than regular shoes really. Still I won't wear them. Kinda seems like a goofy granola eatin' new age hippy thing to me

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just can't bring myself to like them, due to the creepy individual toes. I may get a pair of New Balance Minimus though. Same concept but with a traditional toe bed.

jmwilliamson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They look kind of goofy to me, but I have friends that love them. Apparently they are good workout shoes too...the OU Norman gym used to ban them, but too many students complained, so they changed the rule.

kellyreno

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been running and working out in a pair of KSOs since last October. It is hard to argue against the benefits of minimal shoes. BUT, be very careful introducing them to your routine. Go very slowly, carefully, and listen to what your body is telling you. Start slow and you will strengthen, gain flex, and reduce joint stress. Start too fast and you will most likely injure yourself. In fact another pair of shoes with less cushion than you are used to but more than the five fingers, is helpful to use in the transition. They also make great wet wading shoes for fishing or beach/water shoes.
enjoy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom