Where were you during Y2K?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At midnight I was 9 hours into a 16 hour shift. I was the swing shift supervisor and was doubled up with the night supervisor. Everybody in the department was on duty. All of us on SWAT were pretty much ready for war. Big surprise...nothing happened. Seems like everyone knew nothing was gonna happen except for those in charge. One of the most boring nights of my Po-Leece career.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In a seedy motel with a few friends drinking our time away. Didn't care if it was the end of the world. Sure felt that way when I woke up the next morning. But a greasy breakfast made it better.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was in a bar....don't remember much about it but I did wake up the following day and we were still here!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm the middle of nowhere Nebraska, pheasant hunting for the week with my dad. The world could have been on fire and we wouldnt have had a clue. We went to "town" a few days later and as you know, all was normal.

Trung Si Ma

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in Korea at the HTACC (Hardened Theater Air Control Center) on Osan Air Base as a System Engineer for Army Command and Control (C2) systems. At midnight we had sparkling cider in canteen cups. All of the USAF and ROKAF personnel thought that we were nuts but we were happy to be warm, dry, and ready for whatever.

BTW - there were some incidents in China. North Korea wouldn't have notice if everything failed since everything they owned was already in failed mode.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Korea at the HTACC (Hardened Theater Air Control Center) on Osan Air Base as a System Engineer for Army Command and Control (C2) systems. At midnight we had sparkling cider in canteen cups. All of the USAF and ROKAF personnel thought that we were nuts but we were happy to be warm, dry, and ready for whatever.

BTW - there were some incidents in China. North Korea wouldn't have notice if everything failed since everything they owned was already in failed mode.

Korean peninsula at night as seen from space.

1643901577806.png

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was on site in my data center waiting for the world to end which we of course knew wasn't going to happen having seen how the rest of the world hadn't melted down as their systems rolled into the new century.

Latest posts

Top Bottom