A fine day for MilitantBEEMER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I am still having problems with the HVAC, it is still shutting off and not able to stay cool without me cycling off and on several times throughout the day. I just installed a new thermostat to see if possibly that is the issue? It is a Hail Mary, I know.
No one seems to be interested in tracking down that issue. So reluctantly I have started looking for replacement quotes. HOLY COW they are proud of these systems.
So far I have 2 quotes for a 4 ton system and both are in the $10-$11K on the low end. As high as $22k (WOW).
Any recommendations on brands to avoid? So far I have quotes from Lennox and Rheem. I am looking at Goodman and York as well.
Any guidance is appreciated.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We replaced ours with a Trane shortly after the pandemic. It stung but comes with a 10 year warranty. We’ve had one issue and it was a preexisting wiring problem. They came right out and fixed it for free. I will say it heats and cools way more efficiently than the other. It doesn’t struggle keeping the house cool and runs way less.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We replaced ours with a Trane shortly after the pandemic. It stung but comes with a 10 year warranty. We’ve had one issue and it was a preexisting wiring problem. They came right out and fixed it for free. I will say it heats and cools way more efficiently than the other. It doesn’t struggle keeping the house cool and runs way less.
Heat pump?

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As retrieverman stated, you can get mini split units with up to about 4-5 head units. May be a good option for your situation. I have two 2-ton units in my 30x40 shop with 16' peak (lots of cubic feet) and on the hottest summer days it will cool my shop down to 66*-68*. Mine will also heat in the Winter and work great. I'd give them a look if I were you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom