Active Self Protection: Tulsa - Unarmed Robbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, you are going to stand by let these two criminals rob you and possible attempt to kill you, while you are waiting for the cops?
Rob me, yes. I have nothing worth risking going to prison over.

Attempting to kill me, no.

Apples and oranges, if the bad guys take my money, I can make more. They can't have me or mine, human life isn't replaceable.

The subject of the video was resisting over taking money and property, not taking life.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong... The subject of the video is the same as every other production of the channel. Self-defense. I personally, have no need to consider every possible outcome in order to take action when my gut tells me action is necessary. Money, time, and long term consequences have absolutely no bearing in a life-threatening situation, because without your life...the rest of it means nothing.
What's the difference between soaking up a few blows and surviving, or fighting back and surviving? I'll give you a hint. When you don't fight back, you leave the decision of whether or not you'll survive in the hands of the attacker. No thanks...but you're more than welcome to lay down and roll over.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Protecting your family includes not spending all your assets on legal fees and the consequences of going to jail, or having the punk-you-just-shot's home boy hood rats come after you and your family, IMO.
Getting home unhurt means you win.

I know I'd like to be able to hand out justice to punks like those in the video, but it may not be a hill to die on.

I've never been in a violent encounter, I train and try to mentally prepare but I may end up peeing my pants and fainting.

Bottom line, I hope I get a little Devine guidance in that moment.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's been too many robberies that end in the victim being shot, even after handing over whatever the robbers wanted.

Most robbery suspects aren't going to be "top of their class" IQ holders, may be young and scared, may just decide to kill you because you're better off than they, or they simply don't like the way you look.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's been too many robberies that end in the victim being shot, even after handing over whatever the robbers wanted.

Most robbery suspects aren't going to be "top of their class" IQ holders, may be young and scared, may just decide to kill you because you're better off than they, or they simply don't like the way you look.

True, but I didn't see any weapons in the hands of those three thieves.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, but I didn't see any weapons in the hands of those three thieves.

Maybe not, but who's to say that wasn't a possibility? My point is - you may value your goods less than the risk of your life, however it still may turn bad.

If the three males (unarmed) organized an attack on fat boy in the video, they could have subdued him, possibly with great injury. That leaves girlfriend vulnerable.

Not saying she's worth protecting, since I don't know her personally, but it might be something to consider.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wrong... The subject of the video is the same as every other production of the channel. Self-defense. I personally, have no need to consider every possible outcome in order to take action when my gut tells me action is necessary. Money, time, and long term consequences have absolutely no bearing in a life-threatening situation, because without your life...the rest of it means nothing.
What's the difference between soaking up a few blows and surviving, or fighting back and surviving? I'll give you a hint. When you don't fight back, you leave the decision of whether or not you'll survive in the hands of the attacker. No thanks...but you're more than welcome to lay down and roll over.
Wrong, this was a money crime not a violent crime until the bad guys met resistance.

Had the victims immediately complied, yeah I know it sucks, there probably wouldn't have been any punches or stomps. Almost all crime comes down to two things, money and/or control. I would suggest Rory Miller's DVD "The Logic Of Violence", he talks about the two types of predators, the "Resource Predator" and the "Process Predator". Both can be dangerous, even deadly but typically the one who is only after money is less likely to do harm unless resistance is met. As we saw in the video the bad guys were unarmed and dependent on a numbers advantage. Could the unarmed bad guys shown in the video have severly injured or killed the victims, without a doubt, but that wasn't their goal. Learn to understand which predator needs to be resisted and which doesn't. Bad people are going to do bad things, it's the same now as it has always been. The best the good guys can hope for is to get out the problem as safely and cheaply as possible. Violent resistance will always be dangerous and very expensive and should only be used when lives are threatened. The typical armed self defender spends a lot of time shooting but very little or no time learning about how the criminal thinks and operates. The armed self defender who doesn't understand the criminal AND the criminal justice system is only partly prepared. The criminal and the criminal justice system are equally as dangerous and life destroying.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rob me, yes. I have nothing worth risking going to prison over.

Attempting to kill me, no.

Apples and oranges, if the bad guys take my money, I can make more. They can't have me or mine, human life isn't replaceable.

The subject of the video was resisting over taking money and property, not taking life.

I'm going to say this as nice as I can and ask...... are you THAT naive? or are you just completely unaware that situations can turn south VERY quickly....

I mean unless you can read minds... you probably need to stop talking.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
he talks about the two types of predators, the "Resource Predator" and the "Process Predator". Both can be dangerous, even deadly but typically the one who is only after money is less likely to do harm unless resistance is met. As we saw in the video the bad guys were unarmed and dependent on a numbers advantage. Could the unarmed bad guys shown in the video have severly injured or killed the victims, without a doubt, but that wasn't their goal. Learn to understand which predator needs to be resisted and which doesn't. Bad people are going to do bad things, it's the same now as it has always been. The best the good guys can hope for is to get out the problem as safely and cheaply as possible. Violent resistance will always be dangerous and very expensive and should only be used when lives are threatened. The typical armed self defender spends a lot of time shooting but very little or no time learning about how the criminal thinks and operates. The armed self defender who doesn't understand the criminal AND the criminal justice system is only partly prepared. The criminal and the criminal justice system are equally as dangerous and life destroying.

Just exactly how are you going to tell the difference until it’s way too late for you to act on that difference?

Do the names Rodger Dale Stafford, Jay Wesley Neil and Robert Grady Johnson mean anything to you? They do to me.

How about Lance Thomas? I believe it may be time for you to revisit some of those incidents.

I won’t discuss it with you further, our differences are far too great for any discussion to overcome. So, you do you, and best of luck to you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom