Active Self Protection: Tulsa - Unarmed Robbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So many incorrect statements in this post. Let’s just start by being arrested and held while the police sort things out. You are wrong, especially in Oklahoma and other stand your ground states. Most good shoots do not result in any arrest. You are also immune to lawsuits from the bad guys families.

The 70% is a national stat. Oklahomas LEOS hit ratio Is reversed. It’s like comparing the guy in LA that has a gun he only shot once when he bought it 12 years ago to an okie that goes blasting once a month.

Shooting someone in justified self defense would suck. Laying down in the back room and waiting your turn to be shot as they go down the line would be worse.
Good for OK but we have to accept the majority average and not outliers, 70% is the average not the outlier.

If you are involved in a shooting you will be arrested, the police can't know if it's a good shoot until it has been investigated and Prosecutor makes a decision on charging. To think that you can commit a homocide or attempted homocide and the police will just let you walk is ridiculous, stop it. Stand Your Ground laws aren't worth the ink it took to write them, they will in no way will prevent prosecution. Your attorney can probably mention it at your trial though.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, first of all robbery by force or fear is considered a violent crime in the eyes of the law, so there's that.
Robbery is a felony, there violent felonies and non violent felonies, when did the use of deadly force become justfiable in the eye's of the law in the video. Responding with deadly force is what this conversation is about.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What am I wrong about, educate me.

Being anti gun and anti self defense is pretty funny, let's talk about guns and self defense, I'll try to keep up with you.
See post above the one you chose to quote. Start there. Chapter and verse please. Go.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for OK but we have to accept the majority average and not outliers, 70% is the average not the outlier.

If you are involved in a shooting you will be arrested, the police can't know if it's a good shoot until it has been investigated and Prosecutor makes a decision on charging. To think that you can commit a homocide or attempted homocide and the police will just let you walk is ridiculous, stop it. Stand Your Ground laws aren't worth the ink it took to write them, they will in no way will prevent prosecution. Your attorney can probably mention it at your trial though.
You sound like a loon. You are not automatically arrested in a good shoot. Oh my. Quickly becoming blockable.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Title 21 section 1289.25

G.

states law enforcement MAY NOT arrest the person for using defensive force UNLESS it determines there is PC that it WAS UNLAWFUL.

self defense act page 41

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Title 21 section 1289.25

G.

states law enforcement MAY NOT arrest the person for using defensive force UNLESS it determines there is PC that it WAS UNLAWFUL.

self defense act page 41
Probable Cause can always be made, if the bad is alive he will say you attacked him, criminals lie, that starts an investigation. If the bad guy is dead there is no way determine who attacked who without an investigation or I suppose you believe the police will just take you at your word. You really don't understand how this works do you. The Prosecutor makes the decision whether or not to file charges and if the Prosecutor believes the case is winnable there will be charges filed, simple as that.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I'm done.

The general consenus of this forum seems to be that an armed person can shoot an unarmed person just because the armed person is scared an suffer no legal consequences. I seem to be the only one who has a different take on the law so.........anyway.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I'm done.

The general consenus of this forum seems to be that an armed person can shoot an unarmed person just because the armed person is scared an suffer no legal consequences. I seem to be the only one who has a different take on the law so.........anyway.

No, you aren't alone. However, such discussions always leads to such differences as we saw in this thread.

If I knew more about ALL of the posters in this thread, one might could call some of them "keyboard commandos."

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probable Cause can always be made, if the bad is alive he will say you attacked him, criminals lie, that starts an investigation. If the bad guy is dead there is no way determine who attacked who without an investigation or I suppose you believe the police will just take you at your word. You really don't understand how this works do you. The Prosecutor makes the decision whether or not to file charges and if the Prosecutor believes the case is winnable there will be charges filed, simple as that.

How about you post up some legit self defense shootings in Oklahoma where the shooter was charged or even arrested.

In your vast studies. I’ve posted facts of law, let’s see your examples of cops making up PC affidavits to get around a valid self defense act shooting.

I’ll wait.

Latest posts

Top Bottom