Active Self Protection: Tulsa - Unarmed Robbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several years ago, I had an employee who was attacked, on his yard, by a neighbor. There were witnesses. Both were armed and shots were fired. Neighbor ended up DRT. Employee was arrested. Legal fees were in excess of $100 grand. Every action has consequences, even when you are in the right.

This was in Rogers County.

Last edited:

tim

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at this way, they are criminals and they are might be armed.
1) Present firearm
2) Shoot the criminal that is at the main counter
3) Take aim at the second criminal, shoot him if he is still in the store.
4) Wait for cops
That's the way I would handle it there buddies would think twice before they came into my store.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago, I had an employee who was attacked, on his yard, by a neighbor. There were witnesses. Both were armed and shots were fired. Neighbor ended up DRT. Employee was arrested. Legal fees were in excess of $100 grand. Every action has consequences, even when you are in the right.

This was in Rogers County.
In the yard is tough.

The self defense act is very clear about in a residence, occupied auto or business.

I started by saying shooting someone would suck. Name in the news, all that other stuff. We all hope never happens.

But to say that EVERY SHOOTING RESULTS IN ARREST AND CONFINEMENT, NO EXCEPTIONS and you are just not a studious person if you think otherwise, is ignorant.

Then to imply everyone who has actually read and understands the self defense act is a gunslinger out for blood shootin like crazy at every furtive movement.

Again, ignorant.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I'm done.

The general consenus of this forum seems to be that an armed person can shoot an unarmed person just because the armed person is scared an suffer no legal consequences. I seem to be the only one who has a different take on the law so.........anyway.

When in doubt, resort to strawman?

Don't answer that... it's rhetorical. Probably for the best that you're done. :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pansy ass. Through all the failures featured here, the most offensive to me personally is the fact that he didn't even notice his girl catching a beat down. No excuse for not spine stomping that little MF'r who had is back turned while digging through the cash register on the ground.

And as the host says..."believe police still haven't caught these guys". Yeah, that means because you're such a pussy, these **** stains are still free to do this again to someone else, and likely encouraged to do it again seeing as how easy it was. Disgusting. Maybe next time they'll use a gun or knife. That's cool though....it's just somebody else's money, right?

x3 attackers is disparity of force and justifiable use of a deadly weapon, even if all you've got is the damn chair your fat ass was just lounging on.
Exactly. The guy in the blue shorts raking up the money needed a boot to the nads. He would have still been on the ground when the cops showed up.
If we keep treating these thugs as an insurance policy claim and not the thugs they are they will be emboldened to continue down this path of crime eventually taking up weapons.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Ricco the law is called 'Stand Your Ground'; and yes if I feel that my life is threatened while in my house, in my yard, in my car, in the store, walking down the street, then yes I can use a firearm to put that son of a bi*ch in his grave. His pissant survivors can take me to court and try to sue me, but my lawyers will prove that I acted within the law.

Score: Me alive, criminal DEAD.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Assuming ANYTHING other than the worst during a violent encounter is a huge mistake"

The criminal dictates the level of violence, your response has to be proportional to be legal. Simply assuming the criminal will use deadly force is dangerous legally, your deadly force response to what may be a non deadly force attack may not be legally justified. If you initiate deadly force prior to the attack you could put yourself in legal jeopardy.
Man, that is Pollyanna thinking in the worst way. The criminals made it violent when they entered the store and approached the victim with purpose. In Oklahoma, those criminals violated our laws as soon as they attacked the victim with a disparity of force. You should look that up.
People have been killed or permanently injured with a single punch. Lots of them by the way. Oklahoma law see's that as a reason to defend one self using deadly force if necessary. As has been stated earlier, that same law says you can't be arrested if it appears it was justified, and one look at that security cam would certainly justify it.
I do agree with one thing you said and that is if involved in a shooting, even if your the one that was attacked, tell the responding officer, this person attempted to kill me and I had to defend myself. Then STFU and consult an attorney. People say stupid things when under the influence of adrenalin and may say something wrong that could come back to bite you.

96A1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's look at the reality of the situation, neither of the victims were seriously injured, they aren't going to jail, they aren't being sued, they don't have to hire expensive criminal/civil defense attorneys. No insurance claims that increases premiums. The store isn't going to be closed for a long violent crime scene investigation and/or clean up. A closed business loses money, far more than what the bad guys took. Yeah it sucks but it's not the 1800's or even the early 1900's where good was looked on with respect and bad was generally rejected. We are living in a world with a new set of paradigms, we can accept these new paradigms and do the best we can or be constantly angry and unhappy.

If it were me in the pink shirt, those three losers' families would be making funeral arrangements.

This event is much bigger than this instance you see here. It emboldens criminals to do what they want. "I can get away with anything!". I sure as hell wish it would go back to the 1800s where justice is concerned. We need to stop being afraid to stand up, speak out, and defend our families and YES, our property too.

I really don't care about some fools' lives if they want to play ball. It'll be the last game they play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom