AR-15 Pistol Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AR pistols are trash.

That's what I needed to hear. I've shot AR's and AK's...but never an AR pistol. Never even thought about it. That's why I asked. Do they jam alot? No problems with the MP5... VERY accurate, but accessories are limited and parts are expensive. That's why I wanted to know if the AR platform was reliable. I guess I'm trying to get SBR accuracy and round count, in a small manuverable package. And yes I'm ALWAYS looking for something better. Oh and to top it off, I want something in a 9mm or 45 caliber. That's why I'm now looking at the KRISS SDP. Anyone shot one?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Come on now lets not get rude. Have you shot an AR pistol? If so what didn't you like about it? I'm looking for facts, not just vague opinions.

Indeed. It's helpful if someone offers reasons for liking or disliking something. To say stuff like "it sucks" or "it's garbage" without saying WHY, is useless to others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problems with the MP5... VERY accurate, but accessories are limited and parts are expensive.

Expensive I can believe but limited accessories I have a hard time with. The MP5 is one of the most widely implemented SMG's in the world. You must not be looking in the right places.

It's going to be expensive and you're going to do lots of waiting but it sounds like you need to SBR an AR15 and run a suppressor so overall barrel length with suppressor is about 14".

Last edited:

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's going to be expensive and you're going to do lots of waiting but it sounds like you need to SBR an AR15 and run a suppressor so overall barrel length with suppressor is about 14".

Yeah....i really think i'm looking for something that doesn't exsist other than the mp5. I want a CQB weapon that is small and manuverable, has the accuracy, stabilty and capacity of a SBR, but can be classified as a pistol. I'm soooo resistant to dealing with the headache of class 3 stuff.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah....i really think i'm looking for something that doesn't exsist other than the mp5. I want a CQB weapon that is small and manuverable, has the accuracy, stabilty and capacity of a SBR, but can be classified as a pistol. I'm soooo resistant to dealing with the headache of class 3 stuff.

NFA weapons are no where near the headache that folks make it out to be.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
?

I've always wondered if a short barreled AR pistol would work with an A2 tube (tube only, no stock). At least that way you could shoulder the thing and get a fair cheek weld?
if you can put it to your shoulder its a sbr no matter what the "stock" looks like.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AR pistols are fun toys. I would bet that 99% of the AR on here are fun toys. When you get bored with the whole AR thing, then it is fun to get something new. I would get what you want and not worry about everyone else. It is a toy. What is practical about a 454 Casull pistol? Nothing, but it is fun to shoot. I like AR pistols. I think it is because I am well past the everyday 16 inch gun with the "practical" 200 quad rail. I have had many ARs over the years. I like them all, but sometimes it is fun to play around with something new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom