Carry Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd also add don't try and buy a gun you think will be used for HD and SD and CCW and a range gun. I know the first one will fill all those roles because its all you've got but my point is buy your first gun for one purpose and make no sacrifices. Then buy your second gun to fill a second role, optimize that gun for it's role, and so on. There will no doubt be overlap but you want your CCW gun to be simple, reliable, no frills. At least that's what I want in mine anyway, form your own opinion on what is best for you though.

Not sure if you mentioned budget but if you want a really small 9mm look at Boberg arms XR9-S or Rohrbaugh R9. I stand by my statement, "there is no need for .380ACP anymore".

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd also add don't try and buy a gun you think will be used for HD and SD and CCW and a range gun. I know the first one will fill all those roles because its all you've got but my point is buy your first gun for one purpose and make no sacrifices. Then buy your second gun to fill a second role, optimize that gun for it's role, and so on. There will no doubt be overlap but you want your CCW gun to be simple, reliable, no frills. At least that's what I want in mine anyway, form your own opinion on what is best for you though.

Not sure if you mentioned budget but if you want a really small 9mm look at Boberg arms XR9-S or Rohrbaugh R9. I stand by my statement, "there is no need for .380ACP anymore".

The only True pocket 9 that I know of...I carry mine everyday

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

both over priced pieces of crap. a kahr cm9 is a much better gun for 1/3 the price

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
both over priced pieces of crap. a kahr cm9 is a much better gun for 1/3 the price

We all know what opinions are like...but mine is that the R9 is the smallest 9mm made (wait, that's not an opinion). I've had 2 and never had a single failure with either.

It fits in my back pocket in a Recluse in dress pants, no other 9mm does that.

The only maintenance is swapping a $5 spring every couple hundred rounds (for me every couple years).

Nothing else fits the niche that a Rohrbaugh fits. So for me, it's the perfect CCW.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a G26 most the time in a Hidden Hybrid Holster... Waiting to get a holster for my PM9 for the days the 26 is to heavy..... In summer I carry an LCP in the pocket loaded with LeHigh XP's I don't feel undergunned.... and beats a rock or stick any day of the week....

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea , opinions.
I believe I already commented ...It will be a Long and arduous journey to the "perfect carry piece", and then you'll change your mind , because of?????reasons.
Try a bunch of different ones out, as many as you can.
Find one you can get along with ( kinda like Wives... 8) ) then train the crap out of it...( thats Not refering to Wives... 8) )
Train until its part of your self, know everything about it.
Then...then its time to find another one ( still kinda like Wives..8) ) work with it , impress in your soul...this is my Gun, their are many like it, but This one is mine...oops kinda of track...heh
Good Luck, and remember ...there will Never be just One ( I believe I wont reference Wives this time...8) )

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh..G30 in a X-Breed about 0430...G21 , 13 round b/u mag..its what our LEO and Fire Marshals carry...plenty of xtra mags if needed
Somewhere? a 6 shot Taurus 38 sp...yea Taurus ....Its goes bang Everytime, and goes with me Everywhere... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom