Diet cola poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you seen a skinny person drink Diet Coke?

• Yes

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've mostly moved away from high test soda and drink either Coke or Mt Dew Zero, maybe 3 or 4 per week. Regardless, neither is all that good for you but Zero doesn't have any carbs in it, which is why I'm on that road right now. At some point I'll get the desire to stop completely.

I've always been pretty svelte no matter what I'm drinking.

TwoShoots

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Diet DP for 20 years here. Don't drink anything else at all. No water, no tea, nothing. The only thing I drink that's different, and then only occasionally, is wine, a hard cider, and diet pepsi/coke when DP isn't available.

I weighted 170 when I started. I weigh 185 now 20 years later. I took a spill last year and hurt myself, so I've been inactive for about 12 months, just now getting back to moving around again. I expect it to melt off over the next year as I get projects going again.

Like Corgi said (and most americans) I have a problem with portion control. I eat BIG meals, but not many of them. No breakfast, lunch at 11 (sammich usually), and dinner around 5. Other than that I might grab a protein bar from time to time or a handful of the kids' candy, but I'm not a big snacker.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A doctor told me the body sees the diet soda as sweet but not sugar and does not respond to it like a calorie rich sugar soda.
Then when you get the real soda the body was used to the diet and treated the sugar soda the same way and treats other sugars the same way.
Not metabolizing them correctly.

I do not know.
I do not like diet crap.
I had a 30" waist a few years out of high school.
I had a real soda and a snickers and a sandwich loaded with onions and tomato and lettuce for lunch every day and some nuts.

I thought ya know I should trade this soda and candy bar for 2 pieces of fruit.

Guess what happened.
Less than 6 months of that I was up to 34" waist.

Fruit will fatten you up quick like.
All through college I had a 31 inch waist. When I was a cop I didn't have enough waist size to carry all the crap I had to carry on my belt. Unfortunately, that quickly changed when I got married.
🥞🥐🥓🥘🥝🥗

I quit drinking any sodas 15 years ago. I only drink tea and black coffee.

Here is a question, why do waitresses and waiters constantly ask if I want sweet tea when I ask for tea? Why do they call it unsweet tea? Why not just tea and sweet tea?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was doing really well when I lost the weight I did. I was single. Then I met my wife in April 2021. She's an excellent cook and raised 3 boys and a girl on a farm in central TX. So she cooks all the good southern stuff, 3 times a day, like clockwork. And, naturally, she's just a little thing and can eat anything she wants. It's really been a challenge to get her to stop frying everything and cooking so many starches and carbs. I swear she'd feed me till I popped.

I'm trying to get her to cook more stuff from a Mediterranean cookbook I bought and to get off a rigid eating schedule. The struggle is real...

Tall

Marksman
Reaction score
Back when they changed the flavor of Coke in 1984 I could not stand the taste of "New Coke" so I quit drinking it. A couple months later they started selling "Classic Coke" made with corn syrup instead of sugar. That didn't taste right either. So I drink either water or coffee. Diet pop never appealed to me. Not fat and I am pretty old.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been drinking soda pop for years, although I don't drink as much as I used to. Back in the '80's, Diet Dr. Pepper was nasty stuff. A friend and coworker was diabetic, so he kept Diet DP in the coke machine, and I tried one once. Later, they evidently changed the formula and it is now much better. For some time, it was easy to find caffeine free Diet Dr. Pepper, but now one can't find it in stores at all.

Now, my beverages are three or four different flavors of Gatorade Zero and about every 4 days a Diet Dr. Pepper. However, while out working our Summer job, I tend to get Diet Dr. Pepper at fast food joints when we eat there.

Sodas weren't the problem with my weight gain. Snacks and big meals (especially so after I quit smoking) have been the culprit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom