Doctors and gun question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suppose being armed has some bearing on health. After all, during the 20th Century, 262,000,000 people were killed by over-powerful governments... to say nothing of those who were impoverished, nearly starved, beaten, mutilated, or suffered other negative health effects due to tyranny. And we all know one of the best medicines for over-powerful government is an armed populace.

http://hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM Anyone who even remotely thinks gun control is a good idea needs to look at this website and remind themselves of the main political function of the right to bear arms.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DOCTOR: Are there any firearms in your home?

PATIENT:Are there any firearms here in your office? <asked with frightened tone in your voice>

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This statement reaffirms the 1992 position of the American Academy of Pediatrics that the absence of guns from children's homes and communities is the most reliable and effective measure to prevent firearm-related injuries in children and adolescents.

Yup. It's kinda like Abstinence Only education. Myopic, ineffective, naive. Both are glossing over problems by providing unrealistic solutions.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The question you were asked is a question that the American Academy of Pediatrics has added to their history forms. Pediatricians commonly have that question on the history. As we move into Obama care that question will be mandated as a way of identifying you. The best way to answer the question is that the question is not pertinent to why we are here. As we get into Obama care the relationship patients have with their health care provider will change and the government will have wide open access to health records.
Electronic Health records are already happening....if healthcare providers want full compensation from medicare they HAVE to move to EHRs. Collecting info on who owns guns means there will very soon be a list of gun owners, open to the government to see....ergo National registration! Eventually leading to confiscation if allowed to proceed as has already happened in Australia, Canada & the UK.
Obamacare MUST be repealed. Romney ain't going to do it fo' damn sho'. We had better find someone else.
With Romney you can kiss your 2A goodbye just as surely as Obama, except it may take a little longer (like 2-3 years).

Last edited:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doctor: Are there firearms in your home?
You: Of course there are. I think we'd both agree that Firearms are a health issue. They are an integral part of my plan to stay healthy. Just like pills are anti- germ my guns are anti-bad guy. Any more stupid questions Doc?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only doc I allow to know about any firearms is my eye doc, and that's only because I've talked to him specifically about corrective optics for shooting; he's even let me bring stuff to the office to make sure that the scrip would work, to mark the location on the lens for the optical center, etc. I suspect that at least one may suspect something, though, when I asked for a lead check to be added to my blood panel after shooting at a especially poorly-ventilated indoor range (seriously--I was blowing my nose blue-grey for a week, and the mucus dripping down the back of my sinuses tasted sweet). Came back at below detectable limits, never mentioned it again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom