Got detained by stillwater pd today for brandishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't know you and haven't seen you post much but everything you have said in this thread is right on IMO.

[sarcasm] Oh wait, have you taught SDA classes since 1997??? Oh you haven't!? well nevermind then, I don't trust anything you say!! [/sarcasm]

Actually, I have only been teaching SDA classes for about ten years, firearms training for about 35, and I am a police chief.

Savage250

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would go to the station and get my knife back. There is another organization that takes guns away from people when they get caught violating the law. Those guns get tagged and are considered evidence to the violation in case it goes to court or in case the DA wants to prosecute. What 99.99% of people that commit a violation are not told is that after a certain time frame, you can go back and get your gun back. But, if after that time frame has passed and the original owner of the gun doesn't come back to claim it, they sometimes go into an auction that is not so advertised to the public. It's kind of hush hush, why is it that way, because most of those confiscated weapons are used by those who confiscate them as their own. If no one knows that the auction is going on, well, its more for them. I'm not saying that every organization is like this but I know of some that are.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In reply to buzzgun's comment:
The SDA requires that your weapon be concealed from detection or view (I already posted that part of the SDA). The probable cause was to verify that he was legally transporting a firearm. It is legal to transport an unloaded firearm but for public safety and officer safety, the officer had to verify that fact. As it turns out this is a criminal act since he was carrying a loaded firearm, not concealed. Sounds to me like the officer did everything politely and professionally and in a manner that his department and community would applaud.

I KNOW what the SDA says. Concealed means concealed, but, please show me where the law says an accidental exposure is a criminal act!

So, are you saying an officer has the right to stop ANYONE who is transporting a firearm to make sure they are legally transporting said firearm?? Does he also have the right to stop everyone who is drinking from a container he can't positively identify to see if they are transporting an open container??

Sorry, but I simply don't believe that!

You think the officer handled things "politely and professionally"??

Really??

You think you should have a gun pulled on you, shoved face down and handcuffed for an ACCIDENTAL exposure of your firearm??

Sorry, but I don't consider that polite or professional!

Did the officer exceed his authority?? Probably not, but he certainly could have handled it better!

And, PLEASE, don't tell me about officer safety and how he just wants to go home to his family at night! Heck, maybe he should just shoot everyone he stops before any of them have a chance to do him harm!!

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I have only been teaching SDA classes for about ten years, firearms training for about 35, and I am a police chief.

Eh. Police chief are about as good as laundry mat owners. Never around when something needs fixin' but will always collect the change.

I'm kidding. People with actual knowledge and actual Experience to back up their statements are very appreciated. I have little knowledge and no experience so the things I say don't carry a lot of weight. But I am honest. Thank you for being a law enforcement officer.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would appear that that's no longer the case.

I have to think that this incident, if handled correctly, could help get OC passed. Possibly, maybe? But if the O/P doesn't want to go "that public" it's totally understandable.

I'd definitely be willing to do what I could to make sure this doesn't happen to anybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom