Oklahoma Senate panel approves open-carry bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

av8r115

Everyone, this is now in the hands of Sue Tibbs. That old biddy has done more to kill pro-gun legislation than Brad Henry or anyone else in this state in recent times.
Does she head up some committee that the bill must go through? I believe the house is 68/32 Republican/Democrat. I don't follow state politics as close as federal, but shouldn't this bill just sail through the house? Or do we have that many RINO's in the House?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does she head up some committee that the bill must go through? I believe the house is 68/32 Republican/Democrat. I don't follow state politics as close as federal, but shouldn't this bill just sail through the house? Or do we have that many RINO's in the House?

It's chock-full-o-RINO's! Sue Tibbs is head of the Public Safety Committee and she held some important pro-gun legislation from a full vote last session. Fortunately I've been told she is out on medical leave and her stand in is much more likely to advance pro-gun legislation, so I may have been premature in my post. That's GOOD NEWS!!! :)

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh it will make it out of the house and be sent to the Governor...

... about 10 minutes before the end of the legislative session giving her the loophole she needs to tell us she just didn't have time to review and evaluate all the possible ramifications.

Haven't you guys figured it out YET? Our masters only play at treating us as if we were responsible, law-abiding citizens.

They are deathly afraid of us being openly armed - why else would they not allow us the same rights that responsible law abiding citizens get in 43(?) other states?

That was last years excuse... or did they just wait until too late in session to trot it out for a floor vote. Lies and political excuses (same thing) kinda run together in my mind.

The OHP's officers union made a statement when Gov Henry had his chance that a lot of people blame his choice to veto on.
The Union made a statment with reference to "officer safety"... but if you care to look it up- they did not really tender a pro or con opinion about the Bill per se'. Scuttle butt has it that the Spokesman got an earfull from rank and file- we will see if they offer and opinion this year.

Public vote? Why not? Well .... the pro gunners won't raise the funds to front a ballot initiative in this state- thats why.
Letting the people who represent us give us back our rights is bad enough... I'd hate to go against the spin machine on a open ballot vote in this State.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Sue Tibbs is head of the Public Safety Committee and she held some important pro-gun legislation from a full vote last session. Fortunately I've been told she is out on medical leave and her stand in is much more likely to advance pro-gun legislation, so I may have been premature in my post. That's GOOD NEWS!!! :)
I too heard Sue Tibbs was out sick and according to this, this measure has already been seen and passed by the Public Safety Committee.
http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=SB1733

A

av8r115

Sounds like we all need to get on the phone to our state representatives.

I had to leave a vmail for my representative, Mike Christian. Not sure what to think about that.

Anyone know anything about Mike Christian? He's listed as a Republican.

A

av8r115

I just saw on the news that the house version of this bill is out of committee and headed to the floor for a house vote. From what the newscast said, the bill only allows people w/ a CCL to open carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom