Post your project!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Alan, not bad for about $150, here is the base of the bench I just finished the glue up tonight....

ai576.photobucket.com_albums_ss208_havsummfun_Projects_IMG_20110729_00086.jpg

PS: my garage floor is a poster child for "DO NOT PAINT YOUR GARAGE FLOOR!"...

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Looks cool Ty, How is your target going to work?

The picture below doesn't look like much, but here is the latest thing I've been puttering around with for the last couple of weeks:

[Broken External Image]

The idea here is a very tiny 5x7 led matrix that can display animations and scroll messages across it. Obviously being small it isn't going to look anything like a scrolling message sign you might see out in the world, but the plan is to use it for diagnostics, debugging, or even just a small display for an electrical project that otherwise wouldn't have one. It was designed to require only a small amount of parts, so it could be added to another project easily. What is going on in the picture is that the top breadboard is driving the display and the bottom breadboard is telling the top one what to display by using two wires to communicate with it. It looks sort of like a basketball shot clock right now and just counts... Now you guys know what a geek I am!!

Thanks,

Alan

What micros are you using? I'm guessing AVRs with those ICSPs, no? Bonus points if you're using assembly :P

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

What micros are you using? I'm guessing AVRs with those ICSPs, no? Bonus points if you're using assembly :P

Yep, they are AVR's. I've written one simple project in assembly to see if I could, and I certainly see the advantages of total cycle level control, but my usual language is C. :)

Thanks,

Alan

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai55.tinypic.com_2ibjksj.gif

Not sure where I'm going with this yet - so far mauser-style bolt conversion, bridge welded and Mossberg rail installed ... I think I'm going for Mannlicher-style stock ... but who knows.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Yep, they are AVR's. I've written one simple project in assembly to see if I could, and I certainly see the advantages of total cycle level control, but my usual language is C. :)

Thanks,

Alan

Nice, I've done several projects with AVRs which have been my micros of choice, but lately I've been working with the ARM and Renesas dev boards I've got. Here's my semester project from Spring '10 with an HC12. It's a laser turret controlled by a playstation controller, with an autonomous motion tracking mode (with horrible range, lol):

Here's a video of the project I was working on for the Renesas RX62n design challenge. It's an alarm system using PWM audio to play custom sirens (+1 internets if you recognize the siren, lol). It's running a FreeRTOS based webserver to arm and disarm the system. It's since been on the back burner due to lack of time :(

Last edited by a moderator:

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the pix guys!

I have very little time lately to work on any of "my" stuff and when I do it's hard to pull myself from my 2 yr old. Still, It's really neat to see how ideas come together.

Hi,

Looks cool Ty, How is your target going to work?

Thanks,

Alan
It's going to be like the one a a guy on snipers hide made to mimic the larue version. Here is a link. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1782154

I am going to fix the gearmotor in place though. instead I'll be using a keyed shaft that slides inside another. That will allow me to use a lighter return spring and put less strain on the cam pin

Other then the cam system it's very straight forward. The only reason the cam is complicated because it really needs to be turned down on a lathe which I dont own but I'm sure I can figure it out or worst case con someone to help me or just buy a small lathe.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished refinishing my mosin. The stain/shellac was splotchy in some places so I decided to completely strip it and refinish it. I stripped it with Dawn Power Dissolver down to the bare wood, bleached it, sanded it, and coated it with 3 coats of Minwax Tung Oil. I really like how light it turned out.

[Broken External Image]

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm finally making some progress on my outside project, dirt work, metal work, concrete, masonry, and some gorgeous antique gates(thanks Joe)...

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks,

Alan

NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, but seriously you guys are nerds! Just saying!

Latest posts

Top Bottom