Post your project!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I know, I couldn't help myself!!!!!!! :) Ah heck, I admit it, except I prefer to be known as a geek instead of nerd!

Thanks,

Alan

Don't beat yourself up about it (let me) LOL. Actually I'm just jealous because I wish I knew what you just said to each other. Take it easy ya GEEK!!!

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
STEVE... Those gates are looking great!

Ive been dividing my time between all my projects and not getting too much done on any of them. The target is at a standstill until I buy a lathe which I have been wanting for some time now but am holding off doing since I just spent so much on the welding equipment I recently bought for myself.

Here is what I have so far.

Laid out the pieces and cut the plat steel base plate
[Broken External Image]

tapped some 3/4 bar stock to make risers for the pillow blocks

[Broken External Image]

Cut the bar into 4 tapped blocks and then welded to baseplate. Now the pillow blocks can be unbolted and removed if they ever need to be serviced.

[Broken External Image]

Welded a 3/4 by 4" section of steel to the front of the target to protect the guts

[Broken External Image]

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool. Looks like you could use old electric wheelchair motors to make the targets. As many as I have laying around I may have to try that.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice work, the offer still stands to use Dad's lathe, it is just up the street....

Ive been dividing my time between all my projects and not getting too much done on any of them. The target is at a standstill until I buy a lathe which I have been wanting for some time now but am holding off doing since I just spent so much on the welding equipment I recently bought for myself.

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Here is what I have so far.

Dang, that's impressive! But I have to ask - why not just buy a similar rig online? I'd think it'd be cheaper in the long run to do so. Is it about the pride in creating it yourself? :)

And where did you find a 3/4" thick slab of steel? I've only seen 1/2" steel at Quick Service, where I get my scrap metal.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been working on a project for the last 6 months that has been exceptionally time consuming. 5400 square feet of house! For reference, the ceilings in the entry way there are 22 feet up.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_227.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_236.jpg

Game room with Theater room off to the right.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_256.jpg

Back side
img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_271_2.jpg

View from the master BR
img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_241.jpg

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice work, the offer still stands to use Dad's lathe, it is just up the street....
Thanks a million I might just take you up on the offer when I slow down at home and work. It would be a nice opportunity to take any pointers i can get.

Dang, that's impressive! But I have to ask - why not just buy a similar rig online? I'd think it'd be cheaper in the long run to do so. Is it about the pride in creating it yourself? :)

And where did you find a 3/4" thick slab of steel? I've only seen 1/2" steel at Quick Service, where I get my scrap metal.
The joy of doing the work with my own hands is 99% of the allure to making the target. That said, the only thing really similar to what I'm making is Larue's version which are over 1,000 bucks and I think I can make this one for a quarter of that and have all the spare steel to make another. The 3/4 by 4" stock was in the cull pile at Quickservice I guess I just go lucky. I got a 5' piece of it and a piece of .25 x 3' x 4' plate for 60 something.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been working on a project for the last 6 months that has been exceptionally time consuming. 5400 square feet of house! For reference, the ceilings in the entry way there are 22 feet up.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_227.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_236.jpg

Game room with Theater room off to the right.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_256.jpg

Back side
img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_271_2.jpg

View from the master BR
img.photobucket.com_albums_v247_MyMonkey_241.jpg

few questions, Can I have it?, is it yours? where is it located? and Can I have it?

Wait did I say that twice? oh well, but seriously can I have it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom