Racism at OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure he will sell out to the man eventually, it's the American way. Being young and idealistic is nice, but it doesn't pay the bills. LOL, I think.
You can sell out to the man, cut your hair short, buy an ad in the Yellow Pages, and still do what's right plenty of the time. I think I'm on Dave's side.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boren should give these boys a second chance after an appropriate suspension.

Make them run the stadium steps everyday for a week, hold them out of some classes, and limit their access to the press.

Everybody deserves a second chance.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yawn....

Maybe we should outlaw freedom of speech and just be done with it all.

This story has blown up way more than it ever should have.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"can sue", "will sue", "can win" and "will win" are VERY different things. Lawyers for big corporations know this well. Think Boren's don't?

I'll say it again: he's risking little and gaining a lot. He gets credit for expelling 2 students that DON'T WANT TO BE THERE ANYWAYS by an almost unanimous crowd that also wants them gone. He's risking a dallas mop top lawyering up and claiming his right to chant about lynching ******s rather than allowing them in a fraternity at a state school that recieves federal funds is protected by the 1st amendment. That's not gonna help Broseph carry on dad's real estate gig, is it?

If no entity ever did anything it *might* get sued for, the news would be a lot more dull.

Was the expulsion legal? Maybe not. I'm about to speed to work. Bet nobody calls me on it! Calculated risks, man. Cost benefit analysis. Boren wins. Mops tops lose.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might've stopped by a college watering hole once:

[video=youtube_share;ymsHLkB8u3s]http://youtu.be/ymsHLkB8u3s?t=1m55s[/video]

[video=youtube_share;sf0OFZexRGs]http://youtu.be/sf0OFZexRGs[/video]

As for Athletics Departments, start with Sandusky and work your way down the list.

The fiction is funny.....and the latter proves my point.

Cheers.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They were kicked out of a university they simultaneously withdrew from and could no longer feasibly attend. Outrageous.

It was a PR move, and a good one.

Yep. What's he to do? Wait a few days for the protests and then Sharpton shows up ala Air Force one?

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They aren't being tossed in jail. Their 1st Am rights aren't being restricted.

You are entitled to free speech, you aren't entitled to be free of the consequences of your speech. There are policies about doing things that are detrimental to the university and it's reputation, just as there are for most organizations and companies.

They aren't entitled to due process in regards to the house or living there. The regents own that house, and members of fraternal organizations are exempt from protection of being evicted. That is actually codified in state law. You can go look it up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/commen...ma_president_boren_to_racist_sae_frat/cp9t3ky

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_W88zByM.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom