Ron Paul!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By stopping the flow of money to those without legitimate need (did you know that 60% of our budget is entitlement driven and thus "mandatory" spending?) and by getting Uncle Sugar out of things he doesn't belong in (health care, education, etc...). If we'd spend our money more wisely at home we'd have enough to help other nations when they needed it.

Great plan, we get the domestic leeches off the payroll so that we have money to pay foreign leeches. Like we owe them.
You say that Uncle Sugar doesn't belong in education etc. It is OK for Uncle Sugar to take money from the citizens and send it overseas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ocVj6UWiDI

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great plan, we get the domestic leeches off the payroll so that we have money to pay foreign leeches. Like we owe them.
You say that Uncle Sugar doesn't belong in education etc. It is OK for Uncle Sugar to take money from the citizens and send it overseas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ocVj6UWiDI

If you'd read the entire thread more carefully you'd know that I only approve of helping people/nations with a legitimate need and inability to meet the need themselves (not leeches.) For other nations the support that I have advocated is repulsion of invasion. Perhaps you took me out of context intentionally?

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you'd read the entire thread more carefully you'd know that I only approve of helping people/nations with a legitimate need and inability to meet the need themselves (not leeches.) For other nations the support that I have advocated is repulsion of invasion. Perhaps you took me out of context intentionally?

Nice theory, in practice they all develop a dependency and hire lobbyists to make sure that the money keeps coming.
We sent money to China (borrowed from China) to educate their prostitutes about drinking. We sent money to Africa to educate them about AIDS (the dictator could have gotten on radio and told them what they needed to know without our billions).
We are broke not a single penny should go out. Our practices are fiscally irresponsible in all matters.
I support Paul when he says cut everybody off.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice theory, in practice they all develop a dependency and hire lobbyists to make sure that the money keeps coming.
We sent money to China (borrowed from China) to educate their prostitutes about drinking. We sent money to Africa to educate them about AIDS (the dictator could have gotten on radio and told them what they needed to know without our billions).
We are broke not a single penny should go out. Our practices are fiscally irresponsible in all matters.
I support Paul when he says cut everybody off.

See...those examples illustrate my point. They are not legitimate needs that they can't take care of themselves. We are broke, no getting around it, BUT I don't mind money going out for legitimate causes IF we are still taking in more money than we're spending.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sorry if the truth offends some of you... nothing against Jewish folks. fact is Jewish folks are gifted at making wise investment choices. that's how they ended up owning a MAJOR chunk of America.

for instance, look at who owns the entertainment industry... that's right Jews. now repeat for several other major industries. so the statement below about Jews running America is quite factual. just follow the money...

again above is in way shape or form derogatory to Jewish folks. in fact it's exact the opposite, to me what I'm saying is Jews are in quite the position of power. Look at the billions $$$$ America sends to Israel each year. especially when we are BROKE at home.

isn't a amazing how $$$$ billions in aid to Israel is off-limits by politicians. that's how powerful Jewish folks has become. what an enviable position!!!

Jewish people run America... get a grip with Israel.... follow the money...

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
See...those examples illustrate my point. They are not legitimate needs that they can't take care of themselves. We are broke, no getting around it, BUT I don't mind money going out for legitimate causes IF we are still taking in more money than we're spending.

Which begs the questions as to where the money is coming from and how it was obtained? Are those "legitimate causes" essential and beneficial to the entire population or just a select group? Are those who are transferring the money seeking political gain and power from those they "help"?

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which begs the questions as to where the money is coming from and how it was obtained? Are those "legitimate causes" essential and beneficial to the entire population or just a select group? Are those who are transferring the money seeking political gain and power from those they "help"?

Government money will always come from taxes. The only thing to really argue about as to how it is obtained and where it comes from is the preferred tax structure. Personally, I wish our progressive income tax system would be scrapped in favor of the fair tax. I'm very much supportive of taxing people based on how much they consume from the economy (how much they take from the economy) rather than taxing them on income (a measure of their input to the economy). As you may surmise, I'm a huge fan of the Fair Tax proposal.

As to whether the "legitimate causes" are beneficial to the whole population or a select group, I've always favored goods that are truly public in nature. That is to say goods that have the characteristics of non-exhaustion and non-exclusion.

Ideally, those transferring the money (the ones that WE elect to do so) are trying to do the right thing. There will always be crooks, that's just a sad by product of living in a fallen world. However, there will always be good guys in the government too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom