Ron Paul!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But whose helping makes the nation great? The Nation's, or the individuals'?

Exactly. Individuals should not be required to help A or B due to government foreign policies and spending. If they want to help someone or another nation it should be a personal decision. Not something forced upon everyone.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I disagree. I believe that helping those that have a legitimate need and that can't meet the need themselves also makes this nation great.

My wife and I send $48 each month to a little girl in Africa. This type of behavior makes the US great.

Our government doesn't help anyone. It takes from the citizens and transfers wealth to others. That's not what makes the US great. Nothing the government does is done without a selfish interest.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1. Redistribution of income by force is not helping. If it goes to roads, defense I can see the need to pay my "fair share" (the amount we can argue about later). But stating entitlements are helping their recipients is debatable.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I send $48 each month to a little girl in Africa. This type of behavior makes the US great.

Our government doesn't help anyone. It takes from the citizens and transfers wealth to others. That's not what makes the US great. Nothing the government does is done without a selfish interest.

How about liberating European nations from Hitler? Did that make us great? How about expelling Iraq from Kuwait? Did that make us great? I'd say that bothdid. I agree that what the government DOES do and what it SHOULD do are rarely ever the same thing. The transference of wealth to others violates the "legitimate need/unable to meet the need criteria that I listed for people that SHOULD be helped.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should the helping of those in need be done on behalf of the nation, or the individuals that make up the nation?

Depends on the nature of the help. Can the individuals in the nation stop a hostile invasion force from conquering another nation? That sort of help is by necessity given by the government.

Are we talking about economic assistance to needy families? I believe that this is the duty of the individual.

Latest posts

Top Bottom