Trump is a fascist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one answered my question....

Sorry you were left hanging! Not sure about the shirt but he does have a silver super hero cape. Just sayin.

Oh, on the deal of searching the world for a better price on surgeries. I do know someone that did that for a hip replacement. He traveled to Europe, not sure what country, got the hip joint replaced and saved lots of dough. Hip did OK I guess as it's been about ten years since the ordeal and all seems OK still.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't Carter shut down anyone coming into the USA from Iran during the hostage crisis?

Yes under the Nationality Act of 1952.
He invalidated all visas issued to Iranian citizens for future entry into the United States. And he ordered 50,000 Iranian students in US to report to immigration office to deport those in violation of their visas.
But he was a Democrat so it was OK.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He invalidated all visas issued to Iranian citizens for future entry into the United States. And he ordered 50,000 Iranian students in US to report to immigration office to deport those in violation of their visas.

No. It has nothing to do with being a democrat. I have no problem suspending visas, halting immigration, even travel from certain countries, the problem arises when you do those things based solely on religion. I have very real problem with that and so should you. As we all know, it starts with one, then the next time a Christian zealot blows something up, they are shutting down churches and looking at you. Religion is off limits, that is one of the main components to the founding of this country- freedom from religious persecution. If you want to stop them from coming in, then stop all immigration/travel and rescind the visas of EVERY PERSON from the region.

By the way, that is exactly what ISIS wants, so you go ahead and let them win. dumbasses.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. It has nothing to do with being a democrat. I have no problem suspending visas, halting immigration, even travel from certain countries, the problem arises when you do those things based solely on religion. I have very real problem with that and so should you. As we all know, it starts with one, then the next time a Christian zealot blows something up, they are shutting down churches and looking at you. Religion is off limits, that is one of the main components to the founding of this country- freedom from religious persecution. If you want to stop them from coming in, then stop all immigration/travel and rescind the visas of EVERY PERSON from the region.

By the way, that is exactly what ISIS wants, so you go ahead and let them win. dumbasses.

Yes. That's close to my opinion...

Carter did it by country of origin, not religion, and there were still humanitarian exemptions.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

You left out this part, "the Secretary of Treasury and the Attorney General will invalidate all visas issued to Iranian citizens for future entry into the United States, effective today. We will not reissue visas, nor will we issue new visas, except for compelling and proven humanitarian reasons or where the national interest of our own country requires. This directive will be interpreted very strictly."

Maybe being a refugee from a country where you are subject to be killed is a humanitarian reason? He did not ban all Iranians from entering the country. And, in fact, many Iranians fleeing persecution in Iran were allowed in.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You left out this part, "the Secretary of Treasury and the Attorney General will invalidate all visas issued to Iranian citizens for future entry into the United States, effective today. We will not reissue visas, nor will we issue new visas, except for compelling and proven humanitarian reasons or where the national interest of our own country requires. This directive will be interpreted very strictly."

Maybe being a refugee from a country where you are subject to be killed is a humanitarian reason? He did not ban all Iranians from entering the country. And, in fact, many Iranians fleeing persecution in Iran were allowed in.
Like the Shah. But he didn't have to and it would still have been legal to block them from coming in. Read this, in particular the Terrorist part, it gives the President a lot of power to block immigrants http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE...11-title8-chap12-subchapII-partII-sec1182.htm

Latest posts

Top Bottom