What are your favorite 10/22 mods?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a ruger 10/22 blued with an ATI dragunov stock and a truglo rds. It has been a long time since I have been in the 10/22 game. What are the mods you have done to your 10/22's that you would do again and why? Did you do any mods you wished you hadden't? Pics please! TIA

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gun itself is still factory except for a scope. I do recommend "steel lips" magazines and the magazine loader made by Butler Creek (I think that is the brand). You put a handful of ammo in, slide lid shut, shake it till several rounds fall inline. Lock a mag in and twist the knob. Less than a minute to load a 25 round magazine.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only mods have been a bipod and a scope. I'll probably put a better, heavier stock on it at some point... I still have the palletwood stock that came on it, a denser hardwood would be a great improvement. Perhaps some checkering?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a carbon fiber bull barrel and a Hogue overmolded stock on a stainless 10/22. It looked great, would drive nails, and was so light that it felt like holding a pellet gun.
i785.photobucket.com_albums_yy137_Biggsly_32193_03_ruger_10_22_carbon_fiber_bull__640_1.jpg

This is the last one I fixed up. It had a Hogue overmolded stock, Clerke fluted bull barrel, and a few internal mods. This was a true tac driver. I wish I would have hung on to it.
i785.photobucket.com_albums_yy137_Biggsly_488315_178927972225173010e037ee8741fd6bbd914c818c54d.jpg

i785.photobucket.com_albums_yy137_Biggsly_photobucket_5133_1326198968255.jpg

rrd101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful my friend,10/22 mods are like Lays tator chips you can't stop with just one.
I started by changing the ejector,now only thing left Ruger are the bolt & reciever
Have a mkII thats tricked out to match Both are my favs.and tack drivers too boot
The best is the volquartsen ejector will eject the cheapest,dirtiest ammo eveytime

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful my friend,10/22 mods are like Lays tator chips you can't stop with just one.
I started by changing the ejector,now only thing left Ruger are the bolt & reciever
Have a mkII thats tricked out to match Both are my favs.and tack drivers too boot
The best is the volquartsen ejector will eject the cheapest,dirtiest ammo eveytime

I think you mean extractor. Being a blow back action, it will work without and extractor. Aftermarket extractors are best when you have a tight target chamber and you want to eject an unfired round.

With all that being said I believe the best first mod would be a bolt buffer to keep the bolt from battering the receiver.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One has nothing more then a scope, the other two only have vintage ramline under folder stocks. My last two are completely stock. I second the butler creek loader... A true marvel!

Latest posts

Top Bottom