What is your favorite bank?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite bank?

• First National Bank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Navy Federal Credit Union

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Tinker Federal CRedit Union

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • USAA

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • First State Bank (MWC)

• Midfirst Bank

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Bank of the West

• Bank of Oklahoma

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Arvest

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • Other/Not Listed

Votes: 41 43.2%

• Total voters

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have been with MidFirst for 8 years now with no problems. Sent me an invite to a steak dinner at Red Prime a few months ago and I thought it was going to be a big sales push thing but to my surprise, they invited about 50 customers for a round table discussion on how they (the bank) was doing as far as customer service. Asked what they could improve on, etc. When we all left , they handed you a $50 visa gift card. This impressed me because I don't really float a lot of money with them.
Tinker Federal Credit Union is good also.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used Bank of the West for years before I got married. Some times they were good at customer service, some times they sucked. After getting married, I closed that account and joined into my wife's account at BOK. They have some butt head policies when it comes to their credit card but, ok other than that. I should say I never go to BOK in person. My wife does and I've never heard her complain about anything. It would have to be really heinous for her to complain though.

We also use Allegiance Credit Union. The account costs nothing and we get a chunk of free money at the end of every month for simply using the debit card and having direct deposit. Their customer service is pretty decent I'd say. Of the 2, they are my favorite.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What, no love for Bank of America? :lmfao:

Seriously, we do all our banking with either BOK or Tulsa Teachers Credit Union. As many others have stated, some things a bank are good for and some things a credit union are better for. We've not had any problems with either.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BOK- have a joint checking and investment account with my wife there and she has a personal savings account and accounts for her kids college trust funds. She was using them before I moved here and I joined her account when we got married. Her family and her company also uses them. I like the investment guy we use there better than the guy I had been using back home in California. I use Wells Fargo for my shops business banking when in Des Moines. Back in California I use Union bank(formerly Bank of California) for my business account there as well as personal banking when Im in California- been with them since I was 19 yrs old.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had the same checking account for 35 years, but banks were bought and sold over the years, so I have no favorite especially after the oil bust of the early 80's, so I have had six or seven different banks with the same accounts. Just let me stress this Bank Of Oklahoma was never one and never will be due to the way they treated my mother in the 90's on one account my dad had set up. Most obnoxious and not one bit of consideration for the customer. My Dad had a large CD with them and they were, after the CD was due, not one bit willing to give it up, Okay there is more to the story but they were the most inconsiderate people I have ever encountered in the banking business, and one last thing I am from a banking family but did not get in to it. That was many years ago, so maybe they got their stuff together since, but I have heard similar things from others. No I did not vote, because banks are not what they were when I knew them. Thank you for listening to my rant, and flame me all you want, but remember I am old so what ever, just sayin'.
Lone Wolf from Lone Wolf when the banks served the small communities, if anyone is old enough to remember.

Latest posts

Top Bottom