5 Guys Burgers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we want to have a real controversy that goes way beyond left vs right we should have a burger condiment poll. Ketchup? Mustard? Mayo? Thousand Island dressing? Hickory sauce? Some combination? And cheese.... cheddar (mild or sharp), American, Gouda, Swiss?
Just deciding the poll options would be controversial.

Head on over to Fat Guys if you like condiments..... lord knows how many types of ketchup, aiolis, and srirachas.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh get over yourself LOL. Eating good food and enjoying it doesn't get in the way of life's activities, probably contributes to most in some way. Hence, eat and shoot get togethers. Plus..... if you're gonna be overweight by 50-60 pds... you might as well enjoy getting there.

My step dad is that way - he doesn't usually care about food much. He'll eat a plain peanut butter sammich and a glass of milk and that's it all day, supposedly. But he's a good 30-40lbs overweight, so he's gotta be taking in calories somewhere - although he has almost zero activity, so losing it will be hard.

I like to eat. I dunno if I LIVE to eat, but food is something I really enjoy, so I've struggled with weight most of my adult life.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh get over yourself LOL. Eating good food and enjoying it doesn't get in the way of life's activities, probably contributes to most in some way. Hence, eat and shoot get togethers. Plus..... if you're gonna be overweight by 50-60 pds... you might as well enjoy getting there.

I have enjoyed getting there...

...I just don't overpay to do it.

And, as an aside, when we are working our Summer work gig, there are many times that we really can't stop to eat, and with Covid keeping places closed or nearly so, we tend to just stop working at some point and have peanut butter on crackers for lunch, and I'm just fine with that. That's "eating to live."

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have enjoyed getting there...

...I just don't overpay to do it.

And, as an aside, when we are working our Summer work gig, there are many times that we really can't stop to eat, and with Covid keeping places closed or nearly so, we tend to just stop working at some point and have peanut butter on crackers for lunch, and I'm just fine with that. That's "eating to live."

Overpaying is relative to what you can afford.

Great story about peanut butter crackers and all, but I'm not sure what that has to do with other people enjoying a good burger?

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those that do go to Rons and maybe don't want a burger give a half order of Chile Cheese Tots and a half order of Jalapeno Fried Chicken.. you can share this order with someone too. Its ALOT of food but both are excellent!
The Polish Special is also very tasty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom