Academy and AR's, mags, and ammo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kejross

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
drum roll please!!!! i want 22lr! hey on the plus side, maybe this will make ammo carton in 22 size go up, instead of down...

anyone seen those bucket of brass remmy golden bullets before the scare locally? (okc)

Southside academy had some a couple weeks ago for $65 over in the bulk section to the left of the gun counter on back wall. Haven't seen them at any of the other ones ever though. I was tempted to buy all 3-4 buckets but have had nothing but terrible results from anything Remington rim fire, guns AND ammo both. Just happen to be leaving a doctor apt down there bout 1 in the afternoon and the guy said they had a truck come in late. There were 3 1000 packs of federal 5.56 and 1 500 pack of federal independence 5.56 there. I got the 500 pack cause I was over looking at scopes instead of waiting right there when the finally rolled it out lol

Same thing happened to me but I grabbed a tuna can at 10:00 AM.

You musta been waiting with me for the truck to unload... I think I was there almost 2 hours after I came back at 9 since they told us at 8 they weren't gonna have crap for a while. I really wanted some magazines but no luck that day.

kejross

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
digit. everyone of my guns loves the remmy and hates the federal. weeeeeeiiiird!

The golden bullets are okay but still more duds per box than the Federal and Winchester bulk packs I buy now. Don't get me started on the thunderbolts from Remington... I got a brick of those one time with a pistol I bought that was supposed to feed better with LRN instead of the HP's I had at home and after 120-150 rounds my accuracy was non existent and inspecting the targets my bullets were key holing really bad. After inspecting the gun discovered my barrel was so clogged with lead that I couldn't even get a cleaning rod down it without tapping it with a mallet with no brush on just to knock the hunks out. Figured it mighta been the gun so I tried it in two of my 10/22's with the same results after 100-200 rounds. Between that and a 597 I bought new back in 04 that had mag feed problems with every mag I tried I won't touch their rim fire stuff. I did hear that the 3rd revision they made to the mags was supposed to have cured it but I had sold it by then and the fact it needed 3 revisions speaks volumes.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I walked into the Edmond Academy a few days ago and the Ammo shelves looked full! I said WTH? Then I looked closely and saw that they had spread out the shotgun shells, high power rifle ammo and weird calibers that nobody shoots anymore. It left the impression that they were really stocked up. Strangely absent was 22LR, any AR ammo and pistol ammo. A sign directed you to customer service for these products. Sure enough up on top of a file cabinet (out of reach) behind Customer Service was a stack of 38 Special, 45, 40 S&W and other popular bullets. I learned that 22LR still sells out almost immediately.
At least by having the popular stuff up front, the stampede to the back of the store is eliminated. One box per caliber, three box limit is enforced at customer service.

LL

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I walked into the Edmond Academy a few days ago and the Ammo shelves looked full! I said WTH? Then I looked closely and saw that they had spread out the shotgun shells, high power rifle ammo and weird calibers that nobody shoots anymore. It left the impression that they were really stocked up. Strangely absent was 22LR, any AR ammo and pistol ammo. A sign directed you to customer service for these products. Sure enough up on top of a file cabinet (out of reach) behind Customer Service was a stack of 38 Special, 45, 40 S&W and other popular bullets. I learned that 22LR still sells out almost immediately.
At least by having the popular stuff up front, the stampede to the back of the store is eliminated. One box per caliber, three box limit is enforced at customer service.

LL

It's the same at the tulsa stores too.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO at all the guys freezing their sacs off at academy on 240. Driving by the parking lot is half full and about 20 guys in full hunting gear waiting in line. Got to be rough

Latest posts

Top Bottom