Election 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote

• Total voters

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't say the pledge or sing the nat'l anthem. But I will be quiet and take off my hat out of respect.

I don't have a problem respecting the flag or nat'l anthem or those around me. Doesn't mean I have to participate though.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't say the pledge or sing the nat'l anthem. But I will be quiet and take off my hat out of respect.

I don't have a problem respecting the flag or nat'l anthem or those around me. Doesn't mean I have to participate though.

it doesnt bother me either way, cept when nat'l anthem gets played an people get disrespectful or rude. Its prolly the rudeness that rubs me wrong.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or, vote for someone who's campaign website says he's pro-gun rights? (http://www.mittromney.com/issues/gun-rights) Obama doesn't mention it on his issues, but the polls talk.
This is the Oklahoma Shooters Association, after all.

His record sure is different. I don't care what someone says on the campaign trail, I look at their record.

Remember, GOP'ers do practically worship someone who very vocally supported the Brady Bill...

B

Bill Mac

We didnt always put our hand over our heart during the "pledge of allegience". I think the boy scouts and germany had something to do changing that. Besides the pledge gets changed every now and then.

Unfortunately, disrespecting the flag is free speech, which trumps symbolism.

As for the eagle, it could be any bird, in fact we almost respected/worshipped a turkey.

What jerks my tears and chain is dissing during the Nat'l anthem. I usually invoke my free speech rights as soon as its finished, with my own opinions of the dissers.
I do agree that disrespecting the flag is free speech which this country was founded upon. When I was in the USAF attending the Senior NCO Academy, I did research for a speech on flag burning. It really surprised me that my point of view changed somewhat because the result was that it still torques my jaws when someone burns the flag but I will fight to the end for their ability to do so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom