New Powerful Painkiller Has Abuse Experts Worried

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I've made myself more than clear on this board multiple times when I say that it clearly is not. The last 40 years has proved that quite well. The opinions I've voiced in this thread are pretty simple.

I'd say it's the opinion of the American people as a whole that heavy regulation of street drugs is a good thing, and that prescription drugs aren't really drugs. Because that's what we've taught them since they were children. Because we need them as willing customers.

Yep.

The message you have entered is too short!! **blah!!**

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree that we need to turn this thing around and figure out some way to get the meds for the people who really need it and have tighter regulation on prescription drugs. Prescription drugs should not be taken just to feel good but just to be able to feel. I'll agree to tighter regulation. I think I understand what you are getting at.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish we had a national system similar to the one the OBNDD uses. I use that all the time at work, unlike 99% of docs, but it only works in Oklahoma. Starting Jan 1st, I think the pharmacies are required to report filled controlled-substance prescriptions to the State within 5 minutes. I wish it were nationwide. <sigh>

I will say, too, that I am pretty universally hated by the druggie community where I work. :D

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OD numbers basically prove this. Real easy to get a customer for life when you're selling drugs that you need to increase the dosage of to get the same effect, and can't quit without withdrawal sickness.
I don't believe the "OD numbers" are correct and prove much at all.
Furthermore, they may get a customer "for life" because the customer *needs* it for life.
I mean...there are guidelines for chronic vs short term pain.
:anyone:

The article is wrong in some areas...flat out...and I don't like people using the "evils" of one particular drug to promote the use/legality of another.
IMO, they should ALL be cheap, legal, and easily accessable for adults....all drugs...every drug.

My brother went to the Doctor for intermittent shortness of breath. Blood pressure fine, blood work etc check out okay aside from cholesterol. They gave him a prescription for Xanax. Said it could be stress related.

Really? Xanax?
Entirely plausable

Not endorsing medical marijuana but it seems to me that it would be a much better alternative than the potent Hydrocodone drug coming out.
I disagree with you 100%...
I could smoke all the pot in the world and it wouldn't have ANY measureable effect in relieving pain.(and I don't tolerate it well at all)
On the other hand, I got the needed relief with Diluadid and Oxycodone.

This new "potent Hydocodone" drug is no different really than any of the Oxycodone, Morphine, etc. products currently available.
Here's the deal....
they are basically removing the Tylenol from LorTabs so a person can intake a higher daily dose of Hydrocodone without the damaging effects of acetamenophen.
If a person requires 200mg/day of Hydrocodone for example, they would be able to take that without having to ingest 10,000mg of Tylenol along with it.(which is very dangerous)
It's already done with oxydone, morphine etc....why they have not been doing it with hydrocodone all along simply baffles me.:anyone:

I can't presume to sit and judge who should take what to improve their own quality of life, either real or perceived, nor can I condone arbitrarily banning one substance and permitting another.

If shooting a speedball of heroin/cocaine is what you need to take for a headache then fine...personally I think that's a bit overboard, but that's me.
I figure we could use a good ol' fashioned herd thinnin' from time to time anyway....

It's just like everything else in the world friends....moderation and responsibility....we use those concepts with alcohol/guns/cars...it's no different at all.

Last edited:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The article is wrong in some areas...flat out...and I don't like people using the "evils" of one particular drug to promote the use/legality of another.

I wasn't.

I was using the "evils" of one drug to help illustrate the fact that prohibition of other drugs is not to "keep us safe because they are dangerous" as we are told all our lives. I agree with you on prohibition, as I state in every drug thread we have here.

Also, hey J.P. :wave:

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right-O ol' chap.
sorry man, you know how I get a little crabby until I get my morning Angel Dust.
:thumb:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Entirely plausable

Sure, but it seems a bit rash for a casual doctor visit. Plus, if one spent more than 2 minutes with my brother, you'd learn anxiety and a need for sedatives aren't probably his prognosis.

I'll add he has lost some weight but is fairly heavy and had been the majority of his life. I think a more holistic initial approach is probably in order :P

If shooting a speedball of heroin/cocaine is what you need to take for a headache then fine...personally I think that's a bit overboard, but that's me.
I figure we could use a good ol' fashioned herd thinnin' from time to time anyway....

It's just like everything else in the world friends....moderation and responsibility....we use those concepts with alcohol/guns/cars...it's no different at all.

Agree to the fullest. But it still doesn't change my thought that a good number of doctors are crooked pill dispensers at worse; or lazy pill dispensers at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom