NRA/ORA stand on open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WE are the minority i.e. those of us who carry guns. We do not constitute a terribly large voting block.

Gun OWNERS constitute an enormous voting block, but few of them have carry permits and even fewer intend to open carry.

Sums it up right there...we are not a large voting block or consumer group.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At last count there were nearly 100K CCW permits in OK. That seems substantial, considering the win/loss margins in OK state level politics. Of course, how many of those 100K actually vote and hold their 2A rights at the forefront of their voting decisions?

Edgehead918

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think glocktogo hit it on the head. Most people don't make voting decisions based primarily on 2nd amendment rights. Regularly these coincide with other issues people do find most compelling but not always. 100K permits in the state cross party and ideological lines. We don't vote as a block and many have extraordinarily disparate positions as any amount of time on this forum will reveal.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people don't make voting decisions based primarily on 2nd amendment rights. Regularly these coincide with other issues people do find most compelling but not always. 100K permits in the state cross party and ideological lines. We don't vote as a block and many have extraordinarily disparate positions as any amount of time on this forum will reveal.

Exactamundo.

Of those 100,000 how many actually carry?

Of that number how many will open carry?

Of that number how many will consider this important enough to vote for either at the ballot box or with their wallet?

I think it simply whittles the number down low enough that it doesn't amount to much in terms of state politics except in the smallest jurisdictions.

Michael Brown

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I've taken my representitves chuck hoskin(D)up on his offer to help craft a new/better bill for next session.Iwill also in turn donate money and time working for his opponent(cover all my bases) if (and here's a really funny joke)the mayes county republican chairman ever returns my call and tells me who if any that opponent is going to be.Either way my money is NOT going to either the NRA or ORA.I'll even take the word of a democRat over that of the NRA/ORA.

Hoskins is also my rep.
I've had a few conversations with Chuck on gun issues. One of which took place on my front porch a couple of years ago. That was about the campus carry bill that he voted against. He was very good at repeating word for word all the anti-gun BS that was being tossed around at the time. In my opinion Hoskins is just another anti-freedom liberal Democrat.
I also intend to support his challengers in the upcoming election.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not you then?

Politics is very tricky... you have to have your core support in place first, and that core has to be ready to take on the opponent's core directly. And when you start to seem like a threat, the battle usually takes a personal turn.

Both my Senator and Representative are uncontested, also. I thought about filing, but the time isn't right for me.

(Yes, I know that wasn't directed at me)

PFXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Politics is very tricky... you have to have your core support in place first, and that core has to be ready to take on the opponent's core directly. And when you start to seem like a threat, the battle usually takes a personal turn.

Both my Senator and Representative are uncontested, also. I thought about filing, but the time isn't right for me.

(Yes, I know that wasn't directed at me)

Though I actually directed it towards everyone, I to have thought about throwing my glove into the ring, I hear all the time about how this guy is doing this and that guy is doing that, and it got me to thinking, if we gripe and dont do nothing about it, does that not make us just as guilty?

I want the change to come, but I wont from the outside, that is why I have chosen to work from the inside out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom