Oklahoma STATE SNUBBY MATCH 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Match rules say:

Snubby: 5-shot with 2.25" or shorter barrels.

In another thread, I asked if anyone objected to 6-shot snubbies. The answer was "no, let 'em shoot," but I don't see that as keeping things exactly even. (But I'll entertain thoughts on the matter)

Dang....shortest barrel I have is a 3" .44 spcl Charter Arms bulldog. I don't have a holster for it anyway.....oh well.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Class on barrel length and "keep it simple". The reloads are what kills you timewise with revolvers ... having a 6 shot snub probably won't give or take away advantage with the stages we will see at a Heartland Match

I brought a 3 inch last time... and shot it slowly(compared to most of you guys,but faster than usual).. but was only 9 down for the 4 stages. That stage that started with an empty gun was brutal... speed loaders or not... and I had to use a speed strip for one of those loads...(lost a 6 shot H and K someplace along the way at home)

Overall... about 2nd from the bottom scorewise... but- I know were this 65 hits compared to point of aim... when shot under a little stress---MISSION COMPLETED

If you shoot the gun you live with at these Heartland matches... it's time well spent.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang....shortest barrel I have is a 3" .44 spcl Charter Arms bulldog. I don't have a holster for it anyway.....oh well.

Heck... I dont care if you start from "low ready"... that has been an "offer" made in regard to using some of the "loaner guns" folks have graciously offered to folks who want to shoot the little guns.

If you look back.. you may even find that in writing in this very thread.

David runs this match... and what he says goes... but as far as I am concerened this is a "learning" experience more than a competition.

BTW... some of you guys are AWESOME hands with a gun!

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, based on the feedback, I'm going to make an executive decision to ALLOW 6 shot guns, but the barrel length can still be no greater than 2.25"

If all you have is a 3" barreled Charter Arms, bring it out and shoot it, it'll just be part of the Revolver division and not part of the OK State Match.

I will have TWO snubbies available for loan, a 5-shot Charter Arms Undercover and a 1960's era Colt Detective Special. I only ask that you supply factory .38 ammo for them.

Low ready starts will be allowed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom