Oklahoma STATE SNUBBY MATCH 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dale00
Here's something to consider adding to your practice - moving off the line of attack.

I was taught to take a step to the side or to the side and back as I draw. Your attacker will typically have tunnel-vision as he focuses on you and this will disrupt his attack long enough to throw him off.

Does anyone else do this?

You were looking for stage suggestions?... Would a sidestep into the shooting box or back step into the box be safe enough for a small range like we are using?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dale00
Here's something to consider adding to your practice - moving off the line of attack.

I was taught to take a step to the side or to the side and back as I draw. Your attacker will typically have tunnel-vision as he focuses on you and this will disrupt his attack long enough to throw him off.

Does anyone else do this?

You were looking for stage suggestions?... Would a sidestep into the shooting box or back step into the box be safe enough for a small range like we are using?

If the stage requires movement I always take a step as I draw. A draw is 0.6-1.5 seconds of no shooting so you might as well start towards your destination ASAP.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand the competitive strategy... but was thinking more in terms of "not getting shot (so much) in a critical incident", when it comes to movement.

Exactly! If you do it in training and/or competiton it will just happen if it ever needs to in real life. Plus if you get a gun pointed at you I doubt you will freeze and put your hands up and wait to get shot.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this at Heartland in Edmond? When is it?

Edit: okay, obviously it's at Heartland in Edmond, I'm not awake yet. What day and time?

Latest posts

Top Bottom