OnCue signage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I go way out of my way to never spend money anywhere they have a gun buster sign.

Same here. And it works

Thank you - this is the attitude and behavior we must have - we MUST use what little leverage we have - our money - to influence the idgits out there.

Wait a sec - are you telling me that the Colt Woodsman I carry is not a good CCW choice?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 7-11 closest to my house has a gunbuster sign. The next 7-11 two miles away does not. I go to the other one.

I hope I don't ever have problems at the pump when there's a gunbuster sign on the door.
"Ah, yes, I'm having problems with the pump, can you send someone outside? Your door says I'm not allowed in your building."

You know, maybe a flash mob doing that would convince them to take the sign down. ;)

ReconScout

Marksman
Reaction score
The 7-11 closest to my house has a gunbuster sign. The next 7-11 two miles away does not. I go to the other one.

I hope I don't ever have problems at the pump when there's a gunbuster sign on the door.
"Ah, yes, I'm having problems with the pump, can you send someone outside? Your door says I'm not allowed in your building."

You know, maybe a flash mob doing that would convince them to take the sign down. ;)

I would love to see that. Get a few OSA members in a row to do that several times a week. 7-11 would change the policy:yelclap:

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to see that. Get a few OSA members in a row to do that several times a week. 7-11 would change the policy:yelclap:

I'd hate to top off my tank all the time... but maybe that's what it takes. ;)

I asked the gun-friendly 7-11 manager what the corporate policy was, and i mentioned the sign at the gunbuster store, he said it must be old, and that he has never been instructed to put one up at his store.

But then I was back by the gunbuster 7-11 a while after that and it looked like they had a new gunbuster sign up, bigger and higher up on the door. :P
Of course I could have been wrong, since I don't go by there often. They happen to have a subway next door that I like to eat at.

ReconScout

Marksman
Reaction score
I'd hate to top off my tank all the time... but maybe that's what it takes. ;)

I asked the gun-friendly 7-11 manager what the corporate policy was, and i mentioned the sign at the gunbuster store, he said it must be old, and that he has never been instructed to put one up at his store.

But then I was back by the gunbuster 7-11 a while after that and it looked like they had a new gunbuster sign up, bigger and higher up on the door. :P
Of course I could have been wrong, since I don't go by there often. They happen to have a subway next door that I like to eat at.

the issue is if we collectively do not purchase gas from 7-11 it wont hurt them, in fact i will go on to say they wont even notice. Now if we make them go out of their way and the employee gets mad then the news travels up the ladder. In addition maybe a news channel will pick the story up? Now that would cause a stir! :fart:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I'm up and about in the wee hours of the morning I make it a point to stop and buy a soda at the local 7-11. I usually comment to the (usually lone) clerk on duty about how much safer I feel having seen the no guns sign on the door because that is sure to keep the bad guys out. I sound serious as hell, the perfect sheople. Some of them don't get it but when they do the look on their face is freakin' priceless.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok, i did not bring it up before, but one reason for the inconsistencies with 7-11 stores (and probably the on cue ones) are the compliance companies that these people use. there are lots of signs (like the song) that different gov's require to be posted or that are posted for liability reasons. there are companies out there that do things like compliance. anyway i ramble but this is a primary reason, however i try not to go there and complain when i do....pistol goes in front seat under towel and you walk in with an empty holster......

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....pistol goes in front seat under towel and you walk in with an empty holster......

While I recognize business owners' property rights, I also recognize that proving a reasonable expectation of privacy in an automobile is kind of murky in that if someone noticed you making a weird motion and claiming they saw your gun, it clearly passes the subjective step in the test, but it may not pass the objective step, and therefore you expose yourself to risk of carrying a weapon unconcealed. I've looked for cases establishing a reasonable expectation of privacy, but it seems that the Court goes back and forth on a case-by-case basis.

The way I look at it, concealed is concealed. Once I notice the sign, though, I take my business elsewhere. Besides, my holster prints like hell when it is empty.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If they could just explain the logic behind their stupidity, maybe we could all understand, but I don't think they have any, or common sense for that matter.

I would love to be able to open a convenience store next to one of these and put up a sign that says "If your looking for a place to rob, go next door to a gun free zone. You would only meet armed resistance here. When you're done, come back and spend the cash".

Latest posts

Top Bottom