OnCue signage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was pretty excited when MWC/Del City started to get some new OnCue Gas Stations until I went in and noticed the sign on the side. Have they always been there? I just noticed it.

[Broken External Image]

Looks to me like they are just trying to keep G.E.D. out. :anyone:

bchandler02

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently stopped in at an OnCue and noticed the sign as well, turned right back around and stopped pumping gas and left. Was pretty excited to hear they are building one near SW89th/Penn, until I found their anti gun sign.

Got home, sent them a nice email about how stupid their policy is, and finally got this response about a week later:

If someone has already responded to you then I apologize, but I did want to let you know that we have reconsidered the no gun sign at the entrance to our convenience stores. As you can imagine with us owning convenience stores and the history that our industry has with robberies it seemed like the natural thing to do was to prohibit them. However, after much thought and emails from customers like yourself we have changed our company policy and you will start to see those signs come down. Thanks for the email and feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in our stores in the near future. <Name removed>, Customer Service Representative

Turns out a well written letter by the gun community can accomplish things! Hope to see their signs come down quick and never make it up at the new store by my house.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know that in some instances it is a requirement that an insurance company has placed on the business to "manage liability". This is the case of my office building and employer. The stupid reasoning goes something like this - If someone is shot, bad guy or an innocent bystander, then the business / building owner (and insurance company) believes they cannot be liable and sued since they don't allow weapons on the property.

I'm just waiting for the instance when someone gets shot and his family then sues a building owner for having a no weapons policy and thus preventing that person from being able to defend himself.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 7-11 on SW66 & Western has a split personality. On the East door they have a gun buster sign but on the North door they don't. Just enter in the North door and you will be fine LOL . Also will be looking for On Cue signs to be coming down as well.

VladdDImpaler

Marksman
Reaction score
Recently stopped in at an OnCue and noticed the sign as well, turned right back around and stopped pumping gas and left. Was pretty excited to hear they are building one near SW89th/Penn, until I found their anti gun sign.

Got home, sent them a nice email about how stupid their policy is, and finally got this response about a week later:

If someone has already responded to you then I apologize, but I did want to let you know that we have reconsidered the no gun sign at the entrance to our convenience stores. As you can imagine with us owning convenience stores and the history that our industry has with robberies it seemed like the natural thing to do was to prohibit them. However, after much thought and emails from customers like yourself we have changed our company policy and you will start to see those signs come down. Thanks for the email and feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in our stores in the near future. <Name removed>, Customer Service Representative

Turns out a well written letter by the gun community can accomplish things! Hope to see their signs come down quick and never make it up at the new store by my house.

Good to hear. They never replied to my buddies' emails or my email.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you forward me a copy of that email? I have some OnCue store managers who I tow for who need to see that email... I could help get 3 of those signs taken down immediately.

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that in some instances it is a requirement that an insurance company has placed on the business to "manage liability". This is the case of my office building and employer. The stupid reasoning goes something like this - If someone is shot, bad guy or an innocent bystander, then the business / building owner (and insurance company) believes they cannot be liable and sued since they don't allow weapons on the property.

I'm just waiting for the instance when someone gets shot and his family then sues a building owner for having a no weapons policy and thus preventing that person from being able to defend himself.

As Lt. Col Dave Grossman says, "They will not only be sued, they will be SUCCESSFULLY sued".

And many times, there are multiple victims of the company's negligence.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome!

Now THERE'S some "CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN!!!!"

;)

<edit> Actually, we all ought to send emails to that company stating that we will preferentially choose to patronize their stores over their competitors, in large part due to their decision to support lawful citizens exercising their Constitutional rights!

Yay!

Can you give us the email address of the person you got that email from??

<re-edit> And then we send similar letters to their competitors telling them the same thing! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom