Open Carry Bill Introducted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah but getting slapped with a crime for someone seeing my CCW as my shirt rides up seems even worse and that's what we live with now.
Can someone show me a link to someone that has been charged and then sucessfully convicted of brandishing for a "shirt riding up" in the state of Oklahoma. If it has I havent personally seen it. Not saying it hasnt happened I just havent seen it.

X

xXVIPERXx

I was detained by law officer in regards to brandishing. I got a lot of lip serves from this officer. He was pissed and about every time I started to answer his questions, he would blare in and cut me off. He kept on amplifying the situation as I calmly tried to figure out what in the world was wrong with him. Finally I got a word in without him addressing me as a felon and addressing me as a convict on the run. You would have thought that I had just murdered and or robbed a bank. He was rude, unprofessional, badgering, and by every means trying to amplify the situation at hand. It took everything I had as a person to stand there and indure this lecture and speech in a profain manner from him with out him giving me time to answer any question put forth to me by him. Finally, when I had a chance to respond, I answered his question in a calm manner and then when I started to answer other questions, he would cut me off quickly in mid sentence and state he did not want to hear it. I in return asked,Why did you ask me?? My gun and permit were on me and I was and tried to be as nice as I could to the officer. Again, he was verbally and mentally badgering and trying to badger me into doing something that he could arrest me on. I just stood there and let him vent... After this inccedent, I wrote to his commanding officer and gave an all out detail of what went on and how he acted toward me and how he handled the situation . Can not for the life of me understand why officers do not respect people who have permits to carry . It's like I get this feeling that this officer either had a bad day, or he felt uncomfortable about me and the gun in holster or both. And again,I was on my own property out in the hills of eastern Oklahoma. Maybe I should define that the person in question was a Sequayah County Deputy Sheriff and not a police man... He sets a bad example for law inforcement. I have never been talked to in that manner in my entire life. Nobody deserves to be talked to in that manner or tone.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a couple of "acceptable" bills regarding OC were drafted last year. If we cannot match NH,AL and AZ in the Great State of Oklahoma and restore gun rights this year.. it will be 3 years in a row. We blamed Brad Henry the first time... if we dont get what we want this time we can only blame ourselves.

Last year there was some rumblings about a "empty holster" protest at 23 @Lincoln... I dont think we as a collective entity have the stomach to organize and vocalize our call for enforcement of the Second Amendment in this state.

We CAN out politic the ORA....and in the last month at least one PRO A2 group has been on this forum inviting people to meeting, etc in an effort to do that very thing..

Finally...this aint about "tactics", whats "safe", "unsafe" or any other sidebar... this is about the Consitution of the US. We should not have to pay a tax to carry a means of self defense in any state... and the State should regulate a way for us to do so in the OTHER States who's citizens are willing to give up their rights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom