Open Carry & Retention class - review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Clay

Some of you seem to liken the term Vo-Tech to "second rate" or less than adequate. Well I spent 2 years while in highshcool at Francis Tuttle and its top notch. That was 25 years ago and I know the place has grown 10 fold but its curriculum and instructors are some of the best.

D

Doc Holiday

I attended last nights Open Carry & Retention class at H&H. This class was organized by Will Andrews and the instructor was Davis Holston. I, like many others in the class, am not planning on open carrying in most situations, but felt that this training would help me regardless of what method of carry I choose. Davis reviewed many different scenarios of how to defend against a bad guy attempting to disarm you - from frontal attack, to attacks from behind. I feel that the training was well worth the $60 cost (3 hr class), and I learned a lot. Whether you plan on open carrying or not, do yourself a favor and attend this class or any other that teaches retention techniques - it may just save your life one day.

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the info.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you seem to liken the term Vo-Tech to "second rate" or less than adequate. Well I spent 2 years while in highshcool at Francis Tuttle and its top notch. That was 25 years ago and I know the place has grown 10 fold but its curriculum and instructors are some of the best.

I can't speak to the adequacy of training at a votech in most fields as I don't really know anything about the fields or the training.

I can offer that the law enforcement/security training you will receive at a votech does not compare to what is available in the private sector in terms of quality.

That said, private sector training varies greatly as well.

Michael Brown

OSSwill

Marksman
Reaction score
For anyone who might be interested, Davis Holston will be holding another of these classes at H&H on Wednesday, June 27, 6 to 9 PM.

I don't know how many of you guys remember Davis. He's an OKC boy who spent many years on the Gulf Coast working as an LE trainer. His instructor certificate for the Lindell Weapon Retention System is signed by Jim Lindell himself.

If you're interested in taking the class, drop me an email at [email protected], and I will get you on the roster.

Will

Latest posts

Top Bottom