Racism at OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is expulsion the appropriate punishment? I would think that if I had been caught on camera saying something like that, just being on campus would be a day to day game of who is going to just clean my clock out of nowhere.

That said, I honestly do not think they should have been expelled. Not because I even come close to agreeing with the ideology, stupidity or whatever it actually was. I don't think they should have been expelled because that is life. You are going to have sh*theads no matter what. Life is about making the choice to just move past those people. Additionally, academia is notorious for supporting "protests" of some of the most screwed up flavors... some of which I would have found downright offensive if I really got offended by the jack*ssery that other people partake in, including rallies that I have witnessed that I considered racist, sexist etc etc.

If they were protesting and actually exercising their free speech, I could agree. But they weren't exercising free speech. They were spewing hateful racist crap on a bus representing a campus fraternity. Because of that, they absolutely should be expelled from OU. They are free to appeal and free to go elsewhere for their education. I suggest the apply at Langston.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is expulsion the appropriate punishment? I would think that if I had been caught on camera saying something like that, just being on campus would be a day to day game of who is going to just clean my clock out of nowhere.

That said, I honestly do not think they should have been expelled. Not because I even come close to agreeing with the ideology, stupidity or whatever it actually was. I don't think they should have been expelled because that is life. You are going to have sh*theads no matter what. Life is about making the choice to just move past those people. Additionally, academia is notorious for supporting "protests" of some of the most screwed up flavors... some of which I would have found downright offensive if I really got offended by the jack*ssery that other people partake in, including rallies that I have witnessed that I considered racist, sexist etc etc.

Hip-Hop always talks about beating ho's, killing cops, and what ever. Its accepted because its a black thang. Nobody ever gets expelled because of hip-hop.

DrinkYourMilkshake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they were protesting and actually exercising their free speech, I could agree. But they weren't exercising free speech. They were spewing hateful racist crap on a bus representing a campus fraternity. Because of that, they absolutely should be expelled from OU. They are free to appeal and free to go elsewhere for their education. I suggest the apply at Langston.

"Hey you, white guy, we are just as good as you."
>> "Me? I never said you weren't"
"Don't act like you are better. We are here. We are worth just as much as you."
>> "Uh, ok. I'm glad we agree."

Honestly, I thought maybe I had been mistaken for someone else. It was referred to as an empowerment rally.
I was told by student conduct that "They are expressing frustration over decades of oppression." To which I responded, "The guy looked like he couldn't have been older than 20."

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Advocatus Diaboli: And why can't free speech be hateful? Who is anyone else to tell me what my moral threshold should be?

Just like these 2 young men are finding out. When you spew hateful crap in the name of your fraternity, there is consequences.

Mr. KKK can spew his crap on the steps if the courthouse but his consequences are different.

DrinkYourMilkshake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just like these 2 young men are finding out. When you spew hateful crap in the name of your fraternity, there is consequences.

Mr. KKK can spew his crap on the steps if the courthouse but his consequences are different.

I would be surprised if they actually learn anything. You are talking about Dallas Jesuit Preppies. Mumsy and Daddums will get them in another school.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Kayne West had rapped that chant at the Grammy's he would have got a standing ovation.

F Kanye, and F Grammys, but you do understand how language works, right?

Hip-Hop always talks about beating ho's, killing cops, and what ever. Its accepted because its a black thang. Nobody ever gets expelled because of hip-hop.

How come you can't tell the difference between describing people by what they DO, and just the color of their skin? Must be a "black thang" .... but really it's not that complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom