Got detained by stillwater pd today for brandishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It wasn't a bully comment. He just expressed his thoughts on the matter - He didn't sugarcoat it - I'll give you that...

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no experience with the SDA review process, but there is no way Taymoor should lose his permit over an accidental exposure. If he loses his permit then so should the state representatives who forgot her handgun was in her purse when she went through the security check at the capitol. (At least I don't think she lost her permit - did she?)

I think you were careless, Taymoor, and hope you change your carry habits. But hang in there. It's no fun being drawn down on by the police. Been there, done that.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:slap:I guess that only a true friend could be that brutally honest...

There are definitely a LOT of those around here. Seriously, we might not always agree with you and you might not like how we say it, but most of the people here truly have another's best interest at heart.

Hell, they put up with me ... and not only am I just a G.U.R.L., but I am married to a J.B.T. to boot ... :lookaroun

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no experience with the SDA review process, but there is no way Taymoor should lose his permit over an accidental exposure. If he loses his permit then so should the state representatives who forgot her handgun was in her purse when she went through the security check at the capitol. (At least I don't think she lost her permit - did she?)

I think you were careless, Taymoor, and hope you change your carry habits. But hang in there.

Sally Kern?? No, I don't think she did ...

But she is not the only woman to have done that. :blush: (Talk about an asschewing though ...)

And I agree that Taymoor should not lose his license over this.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to come off as a kid who displaces all the blame and fault. I realize that the end owner of this situation is the guy who strapped on the gun, wore the shirt, and rode the bike. However, I still believe that the officer could have handled the situation better. Why would I make up the fact that the officer knew I had my CCP? He told me that after I was stripped of all weapons. To make matters worse, they must have dropped my gun on the ground because it scratched the polymer frame. In the end a foolish mistake on my part led to my being treated as a hard criminal, while it should have involved an officer calmy disarming me and then giving me a stern fatherly talk about concealment methods. I can even get over losing my knife :crying:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to come off as a kid who displaces all the blame and fault. I realize that the end owner of this situation is the guy who strapped on the gun, wore the shirt, and rode the bike. However, I still believe that the officer could have handled the situation better. Why would I make up the fact that the officer knew I had my CCP? He told me that after I was stripped of all weapons. To make matters worse, they must have dropped my gun on the ground because it scratched the polymer frame. In the end a foolish mistake on my part led to my being treated as a hard criminal, while it should have involved an officer calmy disarming me and then giving me a stern fatherly talk about concealment methods. I can even get over losing my knife :crying:

For the life of me I can't figure out why it is legal to sell the danged things if it is illegal to carry it. How the hell are you supposed to get it home?? And what good is a knife you can't carry?? :lookaroun

Things that make me go duh!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the life of me I can't figure out why it is legal to sell the danged things if it is illegal to carry it. How the hell are you supposed to get it home?? And what good is a knife you can't carry?? :lookaroun

Things that make me go duh!

You and me both. Permit holders can carry a loaded gun but those damn auto knives are just too dangerous. :screwy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom