HB2522: Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. So to sum up, sb1733 currently contains the original language of hb2522 and is to be sent back to the senate, where they will probably videotape themselves burning a copy of it while sneering at and mooning the camera and then they will send that video to the house.

Hb2522 is currently in the house and contains the least important bits of the original language and only allows open carry on private property. If the house re-instates the original language and then sends it back to the senate, the senate will then probably print out the whole thing and draw dicks all over it while laughing like little children.

Edit: I am only slightly exaggerating.

@Seth247,
You think they will draw a big, veiny, triumphant bastard???

Yes they will. And then stuff it into there lunchbox.

You guys made me laugh so hard I woke my wife up. Good going, I'm in the dog house now.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When shall this be?

Unknown at this time. After the senate approves the changes and gets it to the governor, she will have 5 days (excluding Sunday) to either sign or veto it. If there is no signature after 5 days, it automatically becomes law. If the legislature adjourns during that 5 day period, she has up to 15 days (including Sundays) to either sign or veto it. I imagine the Senate will take up all bills returned with amendments in the next week or 2.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as I'm hoping open carry passes, I'm a hell of a lot more concerned about fixing this original part of the SDA in bold than about accidentally showing my concealed weapon;

Literally anything in the world could be construed as "an offensive weapon". The way this is worded makes it pretty much illegal to carry any kind of knife or solid object. I know they don't enforce it that way, but I'd prefer not to be living freely only by the graces of a public servants interpretation.

I'm more concerned about getting rid of the whole "licensing" part of it, and removing the "concealed" language would be ok also. As long as we're having to bribe OSBI one at a time to get them to not arrest us when we exercise our rights, we are getting screwed.

It just sucks that Oklahoma is as dishonest and crooked as Mexico and that we have to bribe our LEO's (OSBI) to not be arrested when we do what the constitution guarantees us. The constitution doesn't say anything about bits of it only applying to those who have an extra $100 to hand over.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about getting rid of the whole "licensing" part of it, and removing the "concealed" language would be ok also. As long as we're having to bribe OSBI one at a time to get them to not arrest us when we exercise our rights, we are getting screwed.

It just sucks that Oklahoma is as dishonest and crooked as Mexico and that we have to bribe our LEO's (OSBI) to not be arrested when we do what the constitution guarantees us. The constitution doesn't say anything about bits of it only applying to those who have an extra $100 to hand over.

I'm with ya there, but idk if our legislature is mature enough to discuss constitutional carry. However, there is a bill in now that would allow anyone from the states that allow Constitutional carry to carry in oklahoma with just their state issued drivers license, if that passes, well have our foot in the door on constitutional carry.

O

oklacowboy

However, there is a bill in now that would allow anyone from the states that allow Constitutional carry to carry in oklahoma with just their state issued drivers license, if that passes, well have our foot in the door on constitutional carry.
I think this could be a really good thing.

O

oklacowboy

I might be a good thing, but it's an odd situation where an individual from Vermont can carry in OK with no card whatsoever, while an OK resident with no card can't.
Thats why I like it. Next year we can say people from other states can carry in OK with no permit so should'nt Oklahomans be able to do the same.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the moment, I will be happy to just have a few changes so that I will not get busted for taking my firearm out from under my shirt and putting it in my console so I can go into the Post Office. So far things like this have not been a problem, but with everyone trying to nit-pick everything to justify their position, I think it will become more of an issue. It is the law you know, and common sense is becoming a thing of the past.

Latest posts

Top Bottom