When will the crazy prices in our own classifieds end?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's funny that when all this started everyone was shocked at the crazy prices that were starting pop up. Then after people started paying those prices more than a few of those people complaining jumped in and started doing the same thing. It's a free country but charging $80 for a Pmag or $50 for a Glock 21 mag because nobody else has them is exactly the same behavior that we demand a stop to when it's during or following a natural disaster. Everyone needs to take a look at our classified at remember the names you see because karma is a ***** ya'll. Cheaper Than Dirt is selling Pmags for $129 for craps sake, I've heard people defend them by saying "oh, well they gotta pay more for them" while, much smaller company, DSG has been selling theirs since the beginning for approx. $15 depending on model. So who's in it for their customers and who's in it for themselves (obviously all businesses are out to make money but you see the difference)?

I just bought 20 windowed Pmags from DSG for $250 including tax and shipping. Had I bought the same 20 mags from CTD it would have cost $2,599.80 plus tax and shipping and since most people don't know there is a little store or two selling at normal cost they feel they have no option but to pay these prices before they potentially lose the chance altogether.

I'm just ranting....because I went looking for some mags for my Beretta 92 and Glock 21 but everyone is sold out so I checked out our classified and, frankly, it's pretty sickening. I'm used to everyone helping each other out on here and the "other" site I frequent but in the classifieds that has gone out the window.

cbolt01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is if you want or need an item and need to sell or trade an item to be able to to acquire it. It doesn't make sense to sell your item at the pre panic price just to have to pay post panic price for what you want or need to replace it. It's kind of a vicious cycle. In the panic the dollar seemed to lose value in the firearms market. In this new and hopefully temporary firearms market bartering seems to be increasing in popularity. I have seen a lot more adds in the classifieds section stating items are not for sale, but instead for trade only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom