Back to previously scheduled programming. What’s your favorite kind of cookie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mom used to make some called cowboy cookies. They were just chocolate chip with pecans...man they was good.
@THAT Gurl !!

I like to use the chocolate chip cookie recipe and leave the chocolate chips out and substitute pecans instead. But Grumpy is a traditionalist. Chocolate chips, no pecans.

My grandma used to make oatmeal, raisin, and pecan cookies. And she made them the size of pancakes and baked them on the campfire (or wood stove) in a cast iron skillet with a lid. Then flip them when they were toasted. That's what she called cowboy cookies. I need to make some of those. Damn they were good!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So basically diet cookies. You can eat one cookie.
Yep! She was cooking for Grandpa, 3 farm hands, my mom and dad, and 7 grandkids. If you could finish a cookie and ask for another (had to have a pint sized mason jar full of whole milk, warm, straight from the cow to wash it down), then she didn't make them big enough. Lol That woman cooked from the time she got up until she went to bed. And most of the time we were ALL "No more grandma!! We are FULL!" Even the farm hands called her Grandma. She was a special woman. I adored her.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to use the chocolate chip cookie recipe and leave the chocolate chips out and substitute pecans instead. But Grumpy is a traditionalist. Chocolate chips, no pecans.

My grandma used to make oatmeal, raisin, and pecan cookies. And she made them the size of pancakes and baked them on the campfire (or wood stove) in a cast iron skillet with a lid. Then flip them when they were toasted. That's what she called cowboy cookies. I need to make some of those. Damn they were good!
Yes you do! You know where I live!

Latest posts

Top Bottom