Election 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote

• Total voters

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks for the link:
First of all, asserting that there is such a thing as a “lesser of two evils” is an act of naivety. It relies on a very dangerous assumption; that one can somehow quantify which candidate is going to hurt the country less. I’ve even read essays by people who pretend they can mathematically delineate the “more evil” of the evils! Not surprisingly, their “logic” invariably leads them to proclaim the lesser evil to be the candidate of the party they happen to belong to. Ignorant Republicans always see the Democrat as the greater evil, while ignorant Democrats always see the Republican as the ultimate monster.

Here’s some math for you: there are two candidates for President of the United States, one is a cannibalistic serial killer who plans to murder 20 more people with his own hands while in office. The other is a cannibalistic serial killer who only plans to kill 19 innocents personally. Which candidate do you support?

The correct answer is NEITHER.

Unless you are a fan of murder, there is no inherent difference between these two demonic bureaucrats. They both stand in opposition to the guiding principles of inborn conscience, as well as the protections provided by the laws of free people. The fact that one man will do slightly less damage during his reign is irrelevant. Is a choice between Stalin and Hitler, for instance, really a choice at all? Which one is the "lesser evil" in this equation?

Some may argue that this comparison is a bit over the top. I beg to differ. Presidents have the power not only to maim and kill en mass, but they also have the power to dismantle the laws which protect our civil liberties. To drive the point home as far as Romney and Obama are concerned, let’s watch the following video, which removes the blinders and exposes these two charlatans for what they really are; two peas in a pod:

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://alt-market.com/articles/838-the-lesser-of-two-evils-con-game

"Only Cowards Compromise In The Face Of Evil

Good does not compromise with evil. As stated above, there is nothing to be gained by it. I find that the people most prone to suggesting or demanding compromise with oligarchs and tyrants are usually cowards who have never faced down any legitimate struggle in their lives with any passion. But, how do they sell this stunted philosophy to others? The illusion here is one of “reason” or “objectivity”.

Fearful men often use the guise of objectivity (even if they are not) to avoid confrontation, especially confrontation with a supposed authority figure or government. Strangely, their powers of reason and deduction invariably seem to lead them to subservience to the establishment structure. Compromise, for them, is a way to protect their flailing egos by playing the role of the “even handed citizen” while at the same time crawling towards servitude."

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm voting for Obama this time. If we are heading for the cliff I want to hurry up and get there. Besides, he won't win Oklahoma anyway so mine is just a protest vote.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://alt-market.com/articles/838-the-lesser-of-two-evils-con-game

"Only Cowards Compromise In The Face Of Evil

Good does not compromise with evil. As stated above, there is nothing to be gained by it. I find that the people most prone to suggesting or demanding compromise with oligarchs and tyrants are usually cowards who have never faced down any legitimate struggle in their lives with any passion. But, how do they sell this stunted philosophy to others? The illusion here is one of “reason” or “objectivity”.

Fearful men often use the guise of objectivity (even if they are not) to avoid confrontation, especially confrontation with a supposed authority figure or government. Strangely, their powers of reason and deduction invariably seem to lead them to subservience to the establishment structure. Compromise, for them, is a way to protect their flailing egos by playing the role of the “even handed citizen” while at the same time crawling towards servitude."

Cute but it is totally wrong. Voting for the lesser in politics means trying to make some change for good and until we get a decent 3rd party candidate it is the only real option.

As for abstaining, most of the country abstains from voting and has for most of our history. It does not seem to be making things better but I am sure some day the politicians will notice you are protesting by not voting, instead of being one the millions who are just to lazy to vote.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do you know that there are more whites and hispanics on SSI and Welfare than blacks. Just thought you should know that. The economy the way it is could mean we could all be on federal assistance at any time. If you needed help you would take it to.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom