Nobody is buying s**t these days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will entertain any offer……high or low…..I’m the only person who can decide if I sell it or keep it. I’m not going to get insulted by someone lowballing me at least I know someone is interested in whatever I’m selling and I could be over priced.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I concur, some of the vibe has changed.
It is because of the Armslist changes and all of the sellers moving here, that don't participate in the forum, just post in classifieds.

I have made fair offers on listings with $$$$ OBO. And had the seller explode.
Anything they list, I never open, regardless of price.

Other side, I have received offers less than half of listed price. They receive a "NOPE" and a block.

Mainly deal with established members and all goes smooth.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I concur, some of the vibe has changed.
It is because of the Armslist changes and all of the sellers moving here, that don't participate in the forum, just post in classifieds.

I have made fair offers on listings with $$$$ OBO. And had the seller explode.
Anything they list, I never open, regardless of price.

Other side, I have received offers less than half of listed price. They receive a "NOPE" and a block.

Mainly deal with established members and all goes smooth.
Agreed.
I made an offer on a pistol last week that had OBO shown on the listing. Never even got a response.
There were no other comments on the add and I thought I made a fair offer. In the past, I would always at least get a response with a “no thanks” or something.
The add I responded to was from a new member. I think there are several folks here that are only here to try and sell stuff.

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I belong to an online estate auction site. I have seen people throwing stupid amounts of money at items, That being said I have had some good buys, due to crappy pictures or inaccurate descriptions. Yesterday I put in fair bids on three groups of items. Thinking that I was going to get outbid, nope won all three. Well, now I have 12 Chinese 30 rd ak magazines and 4 40 rd Chinese ak magazine coming in to me. Still saved over $100 on the deal, I hate the buyers premium though. It seems to be either feast or famine out there to me.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I belong to an online estate auction site. I have seen people throwing stupid amounts of money at items, That being said I have had some good buys, due to crappy pictures or inaccurate descriptions. Yesterday I put in fair bids on three groups of items. Thinking that I was going to get outbid, nope won all three. Well, now I have 12 Chinese 30 rd ak magazines and 4 40 rd Chinese ak magazine coming in to me. Still saved over $100 on the deal, I hate the buyers premium though. It seems to be either feast or famine out there to me.

Auction are a completely different animal. A big crowd and prizes go stupid and beyond, quickly. Diligence can still find some bargains.

The economy hasn't cured any stupid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom