Why ask for pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think a person should ask for pictures without saying weather they want to trade or buy first

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Statistics show that classifieds with pictures sell at a greater rate than those without, FACT. There was a guy on here that had a picture but wanted to do a FFL transfer on a POW, not needed at all, but he stated Probably not going to sell real quickly. Either play the game or not, pretty simple really, it is your choice.
"he didn't want to sell a gun to a stranger without the FFL transfer paperwork.".

I can understand his POV.
Suppose he sells a weapon without a transfer that he had acquired through a dealer (4473 required). Now suppose that weapon was used in a crime and was discarded as a 'throw-away' gun. Now LEO has a weapon that is traceable back to the original owner that has no proof that his weapon had been sold. Could be a pretty sticky situation trying to prove oneself as being innocent of the crime when the weapon found at the scene was his.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"he didn't want to sell a gun to a stranger without the FFL transfer paperwork.".

I can understand his POV.
Suppose he sells a weapon without a transfer that he had acquired through a dealer (4473 required). Now suppose that weapon was used in a crime and was discarded as a 'throw-away' gun. Now LEO has a weapon that is traceable back to the original owner that has no proof that his weapon had been sold. Could be a pretty sticky situation trying to prove oneself as being innocent of the crime when the weapon found at the scene was his.
Ain't that what deep lakes are for?

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
by the time I did that I could take the gun out of the safe, take crappy pix with my crappy phone, email them to myself, open the email on my tablet, download them on my tablet then upload them to here. the problem is my phone is a android 2. something

You should sell a gun and upgrade your phone.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as having to go take a picture of gun so I can post-------------- First thing I do with Every weapon I buy is photo and photo serial number for records in case of Fire or theft. Keep on thumb drive in duplicate, so getting a photo to post, easy peasy.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
so he can say yes im interested, send me some pix instead of just saying send pix and ill think about it. btw scratches dont really show on AR-15type guns. imho

You are really splitting hairs in this statement!! Either way you are trying to sell something someone wants a pic of. If they are asking for a pic it implies interest!!! Also in case you have not noticed the web is full of lying, half truths and plain BS. I am not saying you are one of these people, but I do not know you, so a pic saves me a little buyers angst.
And just my 2 pennies, time to trade in that old azz phone, android 2.0 is like the dark ages in cell phone life LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom