Safe recommendations ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never owned a gun safe and feel its time to start shopping for one....

I'd like it to be fire rated, manual dial lock and good for about 10 rifles and 15 handguns...

Not looking to spend a boatload and may start looking for one used if It can be had pending your recommendations....

thanks,

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is a "boatload" to you? You could probably get away with staying in the $1,200 area, for a mid tier decent name brand. Brand is everything though when it comes to price, and along with that comes quality. You could spend that same $1,200 on an elite name brand, and not be able to put half of what you have in it. I don't know the dealers up in the Tulsa area on who offers what up there.

My recommendation though: But bigger the first time. Buy one that is too big for you needs (room to grow, because it will happen, and you don't want to need a new safe in 3-5 years, or have to buy another one for a while if you can help it). An extra $200-400 now can save you an additional $700 later.

Camach

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped in at a couple of places and I have been looking at the AMSEC SF, FV series or a Liberty Franklin.

Not to go to far off topic but are there any locations in the metro that members would suggest purchasing a safe from?

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped in at a couple of places and I have been looking at the AMSEC SF, FV series or a Liberty Franklin.

Not to go to far off topic but are there any locations in the metro that members would suggest purchasing a safe from?

If you have the money to spend, Bear. Hands down. Made right here in OKC.

4500 NW 16th, OKC (SW Corner of NW 16th & Meridian)

http://www.bearsafes.net/

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never owned a gun safe and feel its time to start shopping for one....

I'd like it to be fire rated, manual dial lock and good for about 10 rifles and 15 handguns...

Not looking to spend a boatload and may start looking for one used if It can be had pending your recommendations....

thanks,

Buy one. Find the size you think you need and double it. Don't go cheap but something is better than nothing!

Good luck!

Satisfied Bear owner.

Camach

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm liking the Bear safes and the ability to trade it in when you are ready for an upgrade. But is there a way to attached a door organizer to it instead of just having the inside carpeted?

Latest posts

Top Bottom